Poltergeist remake (Post-release)

Megamicrofish

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Another pointless re-make?
http://www.firstshowing.net/2015/first-look-sam-rockwell-rosemarie-dewitt-in-poltergeist-remake/
635585847198986173-POLTERGEISTBIGHNADS.JPG

635585846323346947-POLTERGEISTSCARYCLOWN.JPG

Last edited:
Re: Poltergeist remake

It's a bad idea as a remake but if they just did it as a new entry into the series somehow or a spinoff it might work. Can't be any worse than the last few sequels.

It's a bad idea as a remake but if they just did it as a new entry into the series somehow or a spinoff it might work. Can't be any worse than the last few sequels.

I agree, It looks like (from the released pics) to be pretty much a shot by shot re-make

Don't even see myself watching this for free when it shows up TV. I have some paint I think I would rather watch dry.

But you guys dont understand. When we saw it in theaters.....that was a life time ago. There are a whole new crop of 13-18 year olds who never heard of Poltergeist. With Rami and Rockwel....this has a shot of making it.

LOL no way in hell Rockwell is stealing "coach"es thunder. I geuss next will be a new "road warrior" or maybe "ghostbusters" or a mishmash "superman vs batman" movie lol HA HA HA! cough cough choke choke....oh just shoot me now please :facepalm

It actually looks like it might be good. Its a shame they didnt show the tree in the trailer

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks good - but, you don't change Carole Anne's name.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why a remake?

What's wrong with just another damn spook house and family and respect the first film occured?

I cannot ever understand their reasoning.

I agree, like i said there's plenty of room in the franchise for a spinoff. If Heather was alive they could have even done a followup of her as a grownup having issues since she attracted ghosts. This is a series that could easily have been expanded while respecting the original. I'm not ashamed to admit the original still creeps me the hell out and i'm 35, it's just that well done. Even the 2nd one is creepy enough not to watch in the dark. They were just really good stories, especially since the group the preacher in the 2nd one led was very much like some that existed in reality.

I don't know, that trailer looked pretty damn good to me, really creeped me out. I think something like this works better as a reboot than as a sequel simply because after the first couple of times it gets hard to buy that it could happen again, and again, and again. Then when they make a sequel that involves a brand new set of characters who undergo pretty much the same things we see in the original(s) then you might as well have called it a reboot because, in my opinion, when you do that it just becomes a reboot in everything but name.

I forgot to mention that the only thing about this reboot that I don't like is the whole staticy TV thing and that's only because not many young folk are going to understand or relate to that. You have to figure that just about anybody under age 30 has grown up in age of 24 hour TV, there may not always be something worth watching on but there's never a time where there isn't some sort of programming on TV and some younger folk might not get the idea of there being nothing but static on TV just because it's late at night.

This is true. It really ought to be a screensaver or something she is looking at.:D.....or even her phone.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back