Polar Lights display case ??

nwjedidave

Sr Member
for those that have built up their Polar Lights kits ----

how are you displaying yours? i'm looking into buying one, and am trying to figure out what size of a display case to look into ordering or just how to display it ?

my house has animals so i want to keep the dust off of it as much as possible but still be able to show it off....

any ideas?
post your pics of your displays?

thanks in advance

NWJEDI
dave

I havent thought much about a case for mine but if I did it would definately be a big case.

I dont know what the dimensions are one the model with a stock base. I would say something like 2 feet by 3 1/2 feet and at least 18 inches tall. That is pure guestimation but I would imagine that is not too far off.

JDH

Have you considered building your own case? Plexiglass is pretty inexpensive if you get it from a building supply place like Lowes or Home Depot (never buy plexi from a frame store... they really run up the price). They will only "rough cut" it for you, so buy it a little bigger than you need so you can clean up the edges. This will certainly take a bigger investment in time and effort on your part, but it is should MUCH less expen$ive than a completed case and you can make it any size you like.

Is there any links as to how to build a case?
I like having all of my models in some kind of dust free display.
I have been interested in making my own just haven't gotten around to it.

Kenny

yea i've thought of making my own, but i would want to bend the plastic at the needed dimentions and not cut it and try and super glue it...

NWJEDI
dave

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back