Plasma caster sizes?

Damo 85

Ok, so I have finally convinced the other half to let me start on an outfit ready for next halloween. Very excited!

I have been out to my local hobby store and picked up some fun foam (presumably what you guys refer to as foamies?), this is like 5mm foam sheets for craft etc. I was planning on making a cheap plasma caster from this but its proving far too tedious, especially as im looking to work towards a P1 accurate suit.

That said, I think I will turn to sculpting from clay / plasticine and then casting, as i can spend much more time working on smoothing the final piece and correcting as i go. I think the foam will come in handy for armour though.

I need to know rough dimensions for a P1 caster, I have plenty of reference pics from here (brilliant section by the way) but its difficult judging size when its photo'd next to a 7ft beast!

Does anyone know rough length / width / height for the caster?

Well if you making it to fit your frame why not just scale it to fit your dimension? a 40mm barrel diameter 150 length wouldnt look amiss IMO.

Fantastic. I will be scaling it slightly to fit, although I'm hoping to boost the feet up a bit to hit close to 7ft anyhoo. Thanks for those measurements though its enough to get the size about right!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back