Plague Doctor Costume and Keeping Cool

Wonderchild

Hello!

I recently wore a plague doctor costume to Wondercon Anaheim, and found it very quickly heated up. The costume is layered and all black, so I was foolish not to expect heat, however, having realized my mistake, I need a solution to fix it. I figured since the costume is so layered and heavy, I could sneak a cooling vest under the coat, but as far as the heat under the mask, I'm stumped. As far as my head goes, I'm donning a black balaclava over the plague mask in order to hide the straps and a black, wide-brimmed hat on top of the two. Needless to say, any extended use of the costume gave way to lots of fog and heat. I can deal with the heat but it's hard to walk around a convention half blind. So I was wondering, how can I improve my air-flow inside the mask (I was thinking a small fan inside of the beak) and reduce heat in general?

Thanks in advance!

(Oh, and here's some pictures!)
IMG_0347[1].JPG
IMG_0342[1].JPG
IMG_0339[1].JPG

Definitely a small fan will keep the fog to a minimum. There are all sorts of tutorials online that show you how to do it. Basically, computer fan, 9 volt battery, wiring and an on off switch and you're golden.

Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Cool costume, btw.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back