Placement of fans in Vader helmet

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by DARTH ANIBAL, Feb 8, 2006.

1. DARTH ANIBAL

DARTH ANIBAL Well-Known Member

Okay Vaders, I'm just getting around to installing a fan in my helmet, and I'm wondering about how to get the most efficient placement to prevent fogging. I'm attaching it to the lower grill, of course. Is it better to have the fan blowing OUT the hot air built up inside, or to have it so it's pulling fresh air in?

What are your experiences and what has worked for you?

2. pfont2

pfont2 New Member

I have mine so it pulls fresh air in. I tried it blowing out once but it just dont work.

3. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

I also have mine blowing in fresh air.

4. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

....you want to exhaust the hot air out...therefore set up the exhaust side of the fan venting out of the helmet. Pulling in fresh air without exhausting the hot air accomplishes nothing....

5. darienvader

darienvader Well-Known Member

Which is why I had my old helmet set up like this:
    [​IMG]

Bottom fan pulled air in -- top fan to blow it out. It worked just great, too. I also cut the foam to form a chanel to allow the air to flow up and over my head to the fan, pulling it right across my face.

6. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

Hmmmm.... good idea darienvader..... I think I may give that a try.

7. dadvader

dadvader New Member

I got the same set up as darienvader,works great no fogging and does keep alot of air flowing around your head...
    But this is kinda hard to do unless you have a C/A or recast of one...
    No room in the top in a deluxe.

8. DARTH ANIBAL

DARTH ANIBAL Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have the Rubies', so that setup won't work for me. Looks good, though. B)