Interest Pirates: Screen Accurate Gold Plated Aztec Gold Coin

Good that you bumped this thread. I have the coins lying around here, but I still have to get them goldplated. In the coming weeks I'll try to get a dozen of them finished. Depends a bit on how much work my jeweler has...

Let me look into this, guys. I still have 20 or 30 of these coins, but I'll have to contact the gold-plater I worked with years ago to see if he's still offer this service... I'll see what I can do. I want a few gold-plated coins myself too...

"Good things come to those who wait" :p hopefully over a half a decade is enough hehe

OK, good news: my old goldplater is still offering his gold-plating services. I'll send him one of my coins so he can make a price quote for the plating... I hope I can still offer them at the old price... More news in a few days. If other people are also interested, please let it know. I'll dig up the coins tomorrow and see how much of them I have. I'd like to keep 5 or 6 for myself, and will offer the others for sale, but this will be a very limited amount (around 20, I guess), since I simply don't have more coins. I'm also not planning on getting more of these, so when these are sold, that's it.

So these will be sold on a first come, first served basis. I'll start a new interest list in the first post of this thread to keep track. If you want more than one, please let it know...

Forgot to mention: payment will be due when I have the coins in hand and ready to ship. I don't feel comfortable accepting deposits. But I do expect commitment from people who say they are in (after I'll give a final price quote within a few days, off course).

Forgot to mention: payment will be due when I have the coins in hand and ready to ship. I don't feel comfortable accepting deposits. But I do expect commitment from people who say they are in (after I'll give a final price quote within a few days, off course).

Been interested in two since 2014 ;) :)

OK, I dug up the coins (took me half an hour to find them ;)), and final count is 20 pieces, of which I'd like to keep 5 myself. So 15 coins up for grabs. Some pics of the unplated coins (one is off to the goldplater to get a price quote):

Dsc_0320.jpg

And here you can see the amount of detail on the coins that's lacking on the MR version:

Dsc_0321.jpg

So reserve your spot if you want one. You can drop out without a problem if price turns out to be too high (hope I can give a price this week). I'll also post pictures when the coins come back from the plater so you can evaluate the result.

What I can say already is the price of shipping (tracked): €15 (stays €15 for multiple coins). If you are in Belgium, it's €10.

That's all for now, guys!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back