Interest Pirates: Screen Accurate Gold Plated Aztec Gold Coin

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

TomVDJ

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Good that you bumped this thread. I have the coins lying around here, but I still have to get them goldplated. In the coming weeks I'll try to get a dozen of them finished. Depends a bit on how much work my jeweler has...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

The Terminator

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Let me look into this, guys. I still have 20 or 30 of these coins, but I'll have to contact the gold-plater I worked with years ago to see if he's still offer this service... I'll see what I can do. I want a few gold-plated coins myself too...
"Good things come to those who wait" :p hopefully over a half a decade is enough hehe

TomVDJ

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OK, good news: my old goldplater is still offering his gold-plating services. I'll send him one of my coins so he can make a price quote for the plating... I hope I can still offer them at the old price... More news in a few days. If other people are also interested, please let it know. I'll dig up the coins tomorrow and see how much of them I have. I'd like to keep 5 or 6 for myself, and will offer the others for sale, but this will be a very limited amount (around 20, I guess), since I simply don't have more coins. I'm also not planning on getting more of these, so when these are sold, that's it.

So these will be sold on a first come, first served basis. I'll start a new interest list in the first post of this thread to keep track. If you want more than one, please let it know...

TomVDJ

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Forgot to mention: payment will be due when I have the coins in hand and ready to ship. I don't feel comfortable accepting deposits. But I do expect commitment from people who say they are in (after I'll give a final price quote within a few days, off course).

The Terminator

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Forgot to mention: payment will be due when I have the coins in hand and ready to ship. I don't feel comfortable accepting deposits. But I do expect commitment from people who say they are in (after I'll give a final price quote within a few days, off course).
Been interested in two since 2014 ;) :)

TomVDJ

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OK, I dug up the coins (took me half an hour to find them ;)), and final count is 20 pieces, of which I'd like to keep 5 myself. So 15 coins up for grabs. Some pics of the unplated coins (one is off to the goldplater to get a price quote):

Dsc_0320.jpg

And here you can see the amount of detail on the coins that's lacking on the MR version:

Dsc_0321.jpg

So reserve your spot if you want one. You can drop out without a problem if price turns out to be too high (hope I can give a price this week). I'll also post pictures when the coins come back from the plater so you can evaluate the result.

What I can say already is the price of shipping (tracked): €15 (stays €15 for multiple coins). If you are in Belgium, it's €10.

That's all for now, guys!

Last edited: