**Pictures** First Public Appearance at a local block Party (TDK Suit)

jruiz0216

Hi everyone enjoy these pictures from my local block party. It was a BLAST!! Kids and adults all wanted their picture with "BATMAN". I'll post pictures a little at a time.
I decided that to keep a lighter (positive) mood that I'd show a little smile, It made the kids feel a little more comfortable, from my observation.

The suit was almost done except two major things and a couple minor things.

Major. the belt was a cheap plastic belt that I had from a previous store bought costume. I tried painting an all urethane belt with a single stage acrylic automotive paint. It never dried correctly and was really stick. (back to the drawing board on this one).

Also the left front leg armor is missing one piece. You'll be able to see it in some pictures. The overall costume was so good (and the WOW factor) that I don't think that anyone noticed.

Minor: I didn't have the lower arm (triceps straps) attached because I didn't have time.

the cowl and neck piece is just temporary until I get my mesh hood.

ENJOY PICTURES

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

One of My favorites:
DSC00035.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

Do you mean how did I glue it to the undersuit? or the undersuit material? If it's the material you're asking about I got it through GothamCityFX.

The Boots are the funtasma boots they are not modified. The are the medium size ones. I am thinking about modifying them before my next suit up.

LOL! No it's not Tyler Perry but I had the same thought as I was taking a picture.

Very nice! Is your cape some sort of velvet? It has that kind of look. I also noticed in the third pic of the first post, when the cape is backlit it's almost transparent! LOL

Yeah it is, and yes I also noticed that too. I like it overall compared to the one I had before this one. It flows and sways even with a hint of a breeze, as you can see in the other picutres. The downside is it's somewhat transparent. The one I had before was just to thick, heavy, and stiff, I didn't like it.

It's still a work in progress I'll have to head to my local fabric store and see what they have.

Last edited:
It's a very fresh pull, thus maybe making it look grey. Put it is indeed black. Maybe armoralling it would bring out the black more.

It's a very fresh pull, thus maybe making it look grey. Put it is indeed black. Maybe armoralling it would bring out the black more.

I've been using black shoe polish, great colour plus a really nice luster and protects the armour plates

suit looks awesome dude, great job!!

I have to agree with the cape though, that is one thing I would look at changing, I just don't like the look of the material, it doesn't look right with the armour, but even still your suit looks great and I'm not surprised you impressed everyone with it :)

I was going to mention the color, too.
But damn, it still looks great!
Were you talking in the signature growl, too? :p

I started out that way but it wasn't working out to well with the kids. I modified the "growl " and made it a little more friendlier :lol I think it made the kids more comfortable approaching" Batman". I still tried to not say too much as to not totally ruin the persona.

Do you mean how did I glue it to the undersuit? or the undersuit material? If it's the material you're asking about I got it through GothamCityFX.

The Boots are the funtasma boots they are not modified. The are the medium size ones. I am thinking about modifying them before my next suit up.

LOL! No it's not Tyler Perry but I had the same thought as I was taking a picture.

Ok, so you glued the boots to something? And what do you plan on doing to modify the boots? I'm curious since I have the same boots and wanted to see my options for my costume.

I started out that way but it wasn't working out to well with the kids. I modified the "growl " and made it a little more friendlier :lol I think it made the kids more comfortable approaching" Batman". I still tried to not say too much as to not totally ruin the persona.

^ I've totally been there! I think the cape looks great!(especially for begins suit) as does the rest of the suit don't know what you were planning on doing with the neck piece you said it was just temporary until you get mesh hood? I have udr suit and I can't wear my neck piece with it and there for my cape is all tied around my neck... Stupidly I got to figure something out.

Looks great!.. I'm gonna echo in on the cape as well. In addition to switching it up I would also change how it's connected. You should be able to see the shoulder bells more. Good job with making kids so happy.

Looks great!.. I'm gonna echo in on the cape as well. In addition to switching it up I would also change how it's connected. You should be able to see the shoulder bells more. Good job with making kids so happy.

Yes that is what I meant my the the temporary cowl neck armor thing. i'm awaiting a mesh hood so the neck area will be more accurate. The cape is like that because I was in somewhat of a rush and just tied it in a knot and the neck armor was hiding the knot. The suit has the holes to slide cape through I just didn't do it.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back