(PIC HEAVY) Matt's Spider-Man: Homecoming Suit build! (Homemade + Stark tech)

Re: Matt's Spider-Man: Homecoming Suit build! (Homemade + Stark tech)

Absolutely love how my chest emblem turned out! This was cast in latex from a mold that I made of my hand sculpted emblem. I'm just waiting for my 3D printed legs on a flat base to arrive so I could mold them easily.

View attachment 751340

I'm working closely with somebody who can mass produce 3D urethane chest and back emblems that I 3D modelled for him, so I might redo the chest section if all goes well. :) Urethane would undoubtedly be more durable than the latex I used

- - - Updated - - -

That looks amazing!

Thanks man! Appreciate it

The puffy painting looks awesome! BTW, where did you get the file printed?

Thanks! :) It's just a local sublimation service in the Philippines. Charged me pretty cheap, like around $5 to get a 25x38 panel printed
Oh, Wow! I might pay shipping to the U.S. just to get the cheap prices... :lol

Oh, Wow! I might pay shipping to the U.S. just to get the cheap prices... :lol

If you ask me, it's not worth it. I've checked shipping rates before for something like this, and the cheapest shipping rate you can get from the Philippines going to the US is more or less $200.

Oh... Well, I guess thats why more people haven't done it so far... Yeesh!

Hey man! Just wanted to know if you could answer a question regarding the latex molding process...

I've been playing around with ideas to cast Raimi style webbing for my Raimi suit using molds made from Ken's 3d printed files. Basically my plan is to make a mold from the 3d printed webs and then fill it with latex like you did for your spider. Do you think it is possible for the latex to dry this thick or should I use some kind of thickener? Thanks man!

Hmmm... it's kinda hard to give a definitive answer. I've no idea if there's a thickener or something that would help with this but when I tried to cast the legs of my MCU chest emblem, which were almost just as thin as the Raimi webs, it never turned out great and pulling it out of the mold was a nightmare. The top outer part would dry but it gets hollow inside even though I worked it in layers and left it out to dry for hours in between layers. I even used the injection method to get the latex in all the way to no benefit. But then again, there were a few factors that could have affected the results I got like the latex I used, the mix of latex and acrylic paint to tint it black, humid weather, and such. Probably depends on those factors I guess? I've tried it a few times only with the same latex that I got from my local hobby shop, so maybe if you get a good brand of latex to use it could work. I did manage to successfully cast one of the four legs in five trials but I don't have pics of it. I feel like I did something wrong though.

Though right now I think it's better to use urethane. A little more expensive, but I'm told it's a lot more durable

Pics of the red texture, for all your enjoyment!

View attachment DSC_0092.jpg View attachment DSC_0094.jpg View attachment DSC_0098.jpg View attachment DSC_0099.jpg

That's just one finished red arm piece. There are still four red glove pieces, another arm piece, chest piece, back piece, mask, and three boot pieces left to do. And also two blue arm pieces, two back pieces and two pants pieces left. That's still a long long way to go.

That looks amazing! I thought it was the movie suit at first :lol
I think that the reason it looks so good is #1 your awesome puff paint, and #2 the dark fabric underneath. It really makes the texture POP!

I might get John Donaldson web shooters, because these are just beautiful. But I'm kind of on the fence about it since they're just one size and most likely will be loose on me since I have small wrists. Velcro's adjustable, but the pieces overlap. Don' really want that

Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 12.37.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-11 at 12.37.13 PM.png

I might get John Donaldson web shooters, because these are just beautiful. But I'm kind of on the fence about it since they're just one size and most likely will be loose on me since I have small wrists. Velcro's adjustable, but the pieces overlap. Don' really want that

View attachment 758116View attachment 758117
I'm on the fence about his webshooters for the same reason. They look great and while they aren't completely accurate, They are by far the best ones out there at this point in time. Something he changed that I wish he didn't from his V1 to V2 is that the bottom cuff is a completely separate piece, on his V1 it was all one piece and it looked far better that way than 2 pieces. I really hope someone comes along and makes the perfect homecoming stark tech shooters

Yeah, me too. I have big hands but really skinny, flat wrists. I have yet to get a suit but I kind of wanted to have everything lined up before I bought them, but I'd be hesitant to get good ones without knowing if they would fit

I just read the entire thread, really awesome work Matt!
I have a question, how long do you left the white puffy paint dots before you apply the red puffy paint?

I just read the entire thread, really awesome work Matt!
I have a question, how long do you left the white puffy paint dots before you apply the red puffy paint?

Thanks! Usually I leave the stuff to dry for an hour or so

I'm on the fence about his webshooters for the same reason. They look great and while they aren't completely accurate, They are by far the best ones out there at this point in time. Something he changed that I wish he didn't from his V1 to V2 is that the bottom cuff is a completely separate piece, on his V1 it was all one piece and it looked far better that way than 2 pieces. I really hope someone comes along and makes the perfect homecoming stark tech shooters

I'm looking for some more pics of it so I could find out if I could just superglue one end of the cuff to the top part.

Yeah, me too. I have big hands but really skinny, flat wrists. I have yet to get a suit but I kind of wanted to have everything lined up before I bought them, but I'd be hesitant to get good ones without knowing if they would fit

I asked him what wrist circumference best fits and he said 17-19cm. They might be a bit loose on me as my wrists are 15.5 cm. But it could work because I'd need it a bit loose to allow for mobility.

I'm looking for some more pics of it so I could find out if I could just superglue one end of the cuff to the top part.

I asked him what wrist circumference best fits and he said 17-19cm. They might be a bit loose on me as my wrists are 15.5 cm. But it could work because I'd need it a bit loose to allow for mobility.

Hey man, I've tried to reach out to John through Facebook multiple times and he hasn't ever responded to my messages about his webshooters, how did he respond to you so quickly?

Hey man, I've tried to reach out to John through Facebook multiple times and he hasn't ever responded to my messages about his webshooters, how did he respond to you so quickly?

He's only responded to me twice. A few months ago, I asked him how much a faceshell and lens combo would cost and how much the v1 web shooters are as well. He responded with the prices two hours later. Then last Monday, I asked him if the new web shooters cost the same as the v1, if the triggers are flexible, and what wrist size would it best fit. He responded two hours later, only addressing the wrist size. Then I said they might fit me and asked him again about the price. He didn't respond, but he's seen my message. I said I might get them next month, and asked him if there are non-online payment options. He never responded. So yeah, you just have to keep trying to reach him since it looks like he's busy or might be taking a break or something.

He's only responded to me twice. A few months ago, I asked him how much a faceshell and lens combo would cost and how much the v1 web shooters are as well. He responded with the prices two hours later. Then last Monday, I asked him if the new web shooters cost the same as the v1, if the triggers are flexible, and what wrist size would it best fit. He responded two hours later, only addressing the wrist size. Then I said they might fit me and asked him again about the price. He didn't respond, but he's seen my message. I said I might get them next month, and asked him if there are non-online payment options. He never responded. So yeah, you just have to keep trying to reach him since it looks like he's busy or might be taking a break or something.
Oh okay, I tried messaging him about a month ago and he never saw my message and then I tried messaging him again on Monday and he has still has not responded or even seen my message as far as I know.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back