Photo composition for the Goonies Pirate map

ageowns

I've spent a good bit of quarantine working on collecting and creating prop replicas from my favorite movies. Tonight for New Year's Eve I spent some time in my studio coming up with a photo composition of my Goonies props.
lBfcZl1.jpg

I wanted the lighting to feel like the basement of the Lighthouse Lounge (like when they discover the counterfeit $50 bill printer, or the lights coming in from Sloth's jail window)
I could not find a decent Marble King marble bag replica online so I just recreated the logo myself on a blank burlap bag. The "grain" on the bag was thicker than on the bag, but I had as much a hard time finding a blank bag.
ZjiSGMq.jpg

My other big collection is vintage MAD Magazines, and I happened to already have this issue that Mikey was flipping through (fun fact, the pirate map features a "fold-in" clue in a segment that was ultimately cut)
Also Nestle has changed the Baby Ruth wrapper from white to silver foil in the last 35 years, so I relegated it to the darker edges of the composition.

I recently posted my Jason Bourne red bag composition in this forum. I'm currently collecting props that symbolize the hero's call to adventure. I'm shooting a series of photos in a series but have a few more treasures to track down.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back