Peter Flarkin' Quill ( Star Lord)

Subscribed Mutha Fugga! *Said in the Surprise Mutha...... voice* Excellent looking, was going to start with Cap, but may have to wait for the GotG Halloween stuff comes onto market to mod and go as a first cosplay to hopefully take to cons! lol :)

Not sure as of yet. I have a bit of work on all the other items to catch up on, and then I'll see.

Here's a bit of progress today. Got the rough cuts done on the helmet and smoothed out the inside to ensure I can try it on.

I know I'm using the Hasbro guns in the meantime. They seem about 1:1

slogotgcp2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400007681.781876.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400007681.781876.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
Not much has been completed on the costume. Jets have been waiting on fans, belt buckle on more mold silicone and helmet on a lack of motivation.

I did find this reference photo in another thread though and wanted it here for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpgimage.jpg
I'm making the mask now but I'm stuck on how to proceed with the eyes. What are your thoughts to still be able to see out of them and have them glow?
I'm going to finish the pepakura, resin,fiberglass, bondo and then paint.

Last edited:
Hey dustybeas, sorry I missed your PM earlier. I have a few projects on the go, and my car build has been eating up almost all my time.

For the eyes what I will be doing is using orange plastic disks and using red LED's around the disk. This seems to get the orange result I'm looking for. The hard part is putting the light in the sides of the plastic, and how that lines up. If the lights are facing backwards at all it will be difficult to see through.

for the problem of seeing through the eyes, you should look at what this guy has done. James Bruton, he is on youtube and has been making an awesome iron man costume for a long time now you should check it out. Anyway, on one of his helmet videos, he has an interesting method of diffusing the LED light across the eye lens and not that I've looked through the eyes myself, but he says he can look through it pretty well. here is the link to the video XRobots - Iron Man Cosplay Electronic Motorized Helmet VERSION 2, PART 4, Light Up Eyes - YouTube if it doesn't work you can search up "xrobots iron man light up eyes" on youtube and you'll find it. Hope this can help a little

Looking good my friend, envious of that helmet. If I could pick your brain, what are you planning on doing for the actual boots, (ie: not the spats type part)?

Boots were the easy part. They look very similar to para jumper style military boots. I already have a set and the have a good look to them especially when the half chaps are on. There is still a little lace that can be seen near the toe, but overall it's a reasonable pass.

for the problem of seeing through the eyes, you should look at what this guy has done. James Bruton, he is on youtube and has been making an awesome iron man costume for a long time now you should check it out. Anyway, on one of his helmet videos, he has an interesting method of diffusing the LED light across the eye lens and not that I've looked through the eyes myself, but he says he can look through it pretty well. here is the link to the video XRobots - Iron Man Cosplay Electronic Motorized Helmet VERSION 2, PART 4, Light Up Eyes - YouTube if it doesn't work you can search up "xrobots iron man light up eyes" on youtube and you'll find it. Hope this can help a little

That is brilliant! Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much! I'm hoping I get that far in the mask process. This is the first thing I've made for costumes, apart from a changing Rorschach mask,

Thanks again!

Hey there. The boots I found on ebay. They are just parajumper boots that were used and happened to be my size.

Here they are.

photo.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 2.JPG

Hey Guys, I had some time to kill today so i went on the hunt for Star-lord pieces. I went to Academy looking for workboots and the weird pocketed pants he wears. I was browsing the shoes and workboots while comparing images of the prop boots on my iphone, and I stumbled on something.

I drew it out so it's clear. First the props:

Screen shot 2014-06-06 at 8.58.14 PM.png

Then the shoes I found...which incidentally are just some casual Skechers:

Screen shot 2014-06-06 at 8.58.07 PM.png

So I started searching the catalog on Skechers and found these:

http://www.skechers.com/style/62895/diameter-garzo/blk#Color=CHOC

Check out the view of the bottom of the shoe too...same 'pebbly' texture.

I'm not 100% sure that THESE are the exact shoes because the detailing on the top of the shoe is hard to make out in the prop photos. But I'm 100% certain that the prop shoes ARE Skechers of some kind, covered up by the shin guards. They might be a discontinued style from a year or two ago. But I think you could make a case for these Skecher Diameter Garzos are pretty close. I noticed that a number of other Skechers styles have the same sole design, so take your pick.

We have a Skechers Outlet store nearby, so I'm going to go check out what they have in stock tomorrow. Failing that, i'll buy online.

Just wanted to share this info for all you accuracy buffs!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back