Peter Flarkin' Quill ( Star Lord)

Now the fun begins.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397262337.127491.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1397262344.804007.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1397262353.864228.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awesome, will you get the guns?

Not sure as of yet. I have a bit of work on all the other items to catch up on, and then I'll see.

Here's a bit of progress today. Got the rough cuts done on the helmet and smoothed out the inside to ensure I can try it on.

Attachments

• photo 1-1.JPG
    photo 1-1.JPG
    623.9 KB · Views: 434
  • photo 1-2.JPG
    photo 1-2.JPG
    770.2 KB · Views: 251
  • photo 2-2.JPG
    photo 2-2.JPG
    802.7 KB · Views: 225
  • photo 3-2.JPG
    photo 3-2.JPG
    782.1 KB · Views: 207
  • photo 4-2.JPG
    photo 4-2.JPG
    611.6 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_9355.jpg
    IMG_9355.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 221
  • IMG_9353.jpg
    IMG_9353.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 465
Hi, can i ask you where did you bought it? it's pretty amazing

I must credit Davy on the helmet. He's on the forum here, and can be found pretty quickly.

I got some sanding and shaping done on the jets today. Because I've had to shape it so much, I think I'll make another mould from this revised jet and then cast another. I added some holes for the dry ice vapour if I can get that to work. I have some very tiny computer IC cooling fans on route and should have plenty of space to fit them in above the small cartridge for the dry Ice pellets. I'm making this bit up as I go along though, so only time will tell how it turns out.

IMG_9160.jpgIMG_9344.jpgIMG_9346.jpgIMG_9347.jpgIMG_9348.JPG

Just testing posting with photobucket links as the sideways pictures are driving me nuts.

IMG_9353_zps2013483c.jpg

IMG_9443_zps4860a43a.png

Ahhhh. That's much better now.

It's hard to make out much detail and I haven't scoured the smaller clips as I did the first trailer, but to me it looks like there are sort of triangular pieces of leather coming down on either side of the belt and I think there's some sort of hook near the top of each one for the guns. You can sort of see the best shots of what I'm talking about in these scenes. I'm not sure if they just hang there or have a more sci-fi method of staying on though. :p

I had first thought about using a simple tool belt clip. I may still depending on how the time for the build plays out. I should be able to get a bunch of work done on it this weekend as its a four day one for me.

This is great so far, can't wait to see what you get done over the weekend. I'm thinking of doing this for my youngest.

So far, much of my time has been taken up with two workouts and cleaning the house for the dinner being hosted on Sunday. Like a few people out there, I work out of the second bathroom in my condo, and this has at times cramped my ability to get as much done as I would like.

I have managed to cast the second jet for the boots. I have done a little sanding and shaping on it as well. Before the night is through I'd like to have the finished sanding done and maybe even a coat of paint. I also managed to get another coat of paint on the inside of the jet tubes as well. I don't want the light to come out the sides, so a couple sloppy coats will be needed.

On the helmet I marked the spots for the LED's in the eyes and ground some slots for them. To test the fitment and the way the lights will work I have added a light coat of grey paint to seal in the light and see if light leaks through the thinner parts of the resin. A couple coats from now I hope to have some pictures.

Lastly, I got the half chaps in the post this week, and started to blend a bit of black shoe polish into the lower bit to simulate what I see in the pictures. It looks a bit more black at the bottom, and blends to lighter brown. I'll need to find a way to simulate the little knee pads though.

Last edited:
In the shorter version of the jacket he is wearing in most of these pictures, does he have a logo on one or both shoulders? I can see one clearly in the picture you posted where he is wearing all red, but that jacket seems different from the other one he wears in the trailer.

Page one of this thread, post #8, I have a couple pictures showing the right shoulder of the short leather jacket. It looks to me that the patch is only on the left shoulder.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back