Pepsi is making Pepsi Perfect? BTTF

For those who ordered from Walmart, yours may have shipped. I logged into my account just now and there's a FedEx tracking number. It says it's on the way (though I chose expedited shipping, so this may depend on the shipping speed chosen)

They could have run this as a mass limited edition, like a week-long only offering.

Pepsi was absolutely STUPID for doing something so short-run that they could have made a lot more money on doing a volume of 100,000 units.

Seriously... How can you decide that 6,500 units is plenty for something as iconic as BTTF?

Hopefully someone is able to make a copy mold, 3D scan, 3D print, laser print or whatever of this exact bottle cause this is really ridiculous.
Pepsi Perfect made for scalpers and not for the fans

Good news guys (or better than nothing)
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 2.42.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 2.42.22 PM.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 645
For those who ordered from Walmart, yours may have shipped. I logged into my account just now and there's a FedEx tracking number. It says it's on the way (though I chose expedited shipping, so this may depend on the shipping speed chosen)

Thanks for the notice.. I just checked and mine is shipped with UPS. I think i selected the cheapest shipping method.

There are thousands of other companies, much smaller companies than PepsiCo for that matter, that deal with limited releases on a regular basis (think Mondo for example). The problem doesn't lie with the fact that everyone wasn't able to get one (because that goes without saying) but more with the terrible experience and customer service they offered to those trying to get one. And that old saying is bull****. It's a PR disaster for them and they're lucky it happened on a relatively smaller scale (the backlash is mainly coming from collectors and movie enthusiasts) but it's bad for them, any way you cut it.

Comparing mondo to Pepsi is ridiculous. There scope and scale are not similar. It's not bad for Pepsi at all. This won't effect there sales in the slightest and gives them and ultra rare collectible. All it does is make a few collectors that weren't able to get one salty. They'll complain for a few days and be done.

This is just speculation on my part, but if Pepsi takes enough heat for this, I would imagine they'd manufacture more as a mea culpa. For one, it seems like a no brainer to sell $20 bottles of soda when the cost of producing them has GOT to be much lower than that. Plus, by now, they've already swallowed the development cost of the packaging. All they have to do is throw it back into production. I would guess that the second edition wouldn't have some of the trinkets the first edition had, such as the time circuit box (you still have to make the first group feel like they got something truly limited in scope), but I think a majority of the people outraged about this would be happy just to have the soda and nothing else.

No publicity is bad publicity, and if Pepsi winds up selling a lot more of these -- and there's clearly a demand for it -- that's just more money in their pocket. That just makes good business sense.

Told you so.

Mine is still saying "Processing," and I haven't even received the confirmation email:facepalm

OK Now it's saying it's shipped from Indianapolis and is scheduled to be here by tomorrow!

Last edited:
Well there is a restock what do you know and the same thing will happen only worse now that we know the time

So we were all angry they didn't let us know exactly when they would go on sale today and now we're angry because they are making another run and trying to do it again only this time letting us know exactly what time?

I just want to make sure I understand that's why we're angry.

Comparing mondo to Pepsi is ridiculous. There scope and scale are not similar. It's not bad for Pepsi at all. This won't effect there sales in the slightest and gives them and ultra rare collectible. All it does is make a few collectors that weren't able to get one salty. They'll complain for a few days and be done.

Precisely. That should give Pepsi an edge in how to handle these kind of operations as they have a lot more resources. It was handled very poorly and that's sugar coating on my part. The damage will be limited I agree but it's there. Now I appreciate your input but you registering on these boards today, with obviously the sole purpose of defending how Pepsi handled this debacle raises some flags on my end.

PS: Which is probably why they're backpedalling now and doing another run. Bad publicity is bad.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back