Pepakura Unfolding Contest

PepMaster

Sr Member
Unfolding: To take a 3D Model and Create a Pepakura File from the 3D Model.
Pepping: To Build a Pepakura Model that has been unfolded.
Just to make that clear.
I have decided to start a contest for the other pepakura unfolders of the RPF, there will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize for the unfolders. 1st Prize will be a 1 Year Premium Membership, 2nd Prize will be a 6 Month Membership, 3rd Prize will be a 1 Month Membership.
The 3D Model in question that will be picked to be unfolded will be the Mortal Kombat 9 Cyber Sub-Zero Helmet. When you finish your unfold send the .PDO file to Cylonproject2000@Gmail.com . Do not post a screenshot of your unfold, or the link to the unfold here. You may state that you have finished it and sent it off for judging but that's it. I will judge each file and pick the winners on November the 18th. This will basically be a contest to see who can unfold the best file.
If you do not have a license for Pepakura Designer to save your work and send it in, unfold the file and take a screenshot of the finished file showing both the 3D and 2D Windows) in Pepakura Designer and send either a .JPEG, .PNG or .BMP file to my E-Mail address.
Here is the .PDO File to get you started, this will open with Pepakura Designer. Good Luck.
Cyber Sub-Zero Helmet.pdo

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pep...fantastic idea, and very generous of you. :thumbsup

I'll be watching this thread to see the winners, but I won't be entering because...

I'm not a pepper, you're a pepper, and I'm sure others would like to be peppers too. ;)

Ha I'm already there. I actually unfolded this a few weeks ago, it took me a good 6 hours of planning and unfolding to look good. This is just a contest to see how well others can do it.

I'm done, well almost.

I've just done one side of the helmet, now I just need to mirror that on the other side and sort the flaps out.
What scale should I set?.

I'm not taking part in the comp, you can pass the prize on when, erm... if I win.:)
I just thought I'd give it ago for fun as I haven't unfolded for a long while, there are a couple of head scratchers in there but I worked them out in the end.

Split lines? You mean open edges? On one side I put open edges there so if a person wanted to they could remove that as a panel and show electronics.

Yeah those :D

Wasnt sure if they were intentional or not, for eg; In the back of the head some parts of the model are overlapping through the mesh, and the back head plates have a open edge on the inside which I dont think is meant to be open.

Do the rules state this must be unfolded the way this model is, or are we allow to retopologise (to the same spec - no lowering of mesh quality) to improve the edge loops?

Is there an official scale? That will affect the parts layout.

I just guestimated 26cm since that's about standard for 5'9 male mask.

275-290mm High would be a good option. But feel free to go with what seems best. If you use Pepakura Designer 3 it gives you the option to export the file as a OBJ. You may use that option to do work on the 3D Model if you chose but no removing detail.

Last edited:
Man, I got it unfolded and tabs sorted but I just hate arranging the parts.

I'm assuming we get graded on neatness too? :darnkids

OMG, I completely forgot about this. I need to get in touch with Art to get the Prizes done,
the 3rd person did'nt want a prize. So for the winners 1st, and 2nd. Rebo get's 1st with a 1 year Premium and Sigma-LS get's a 6 month subscription on me. I'll get in touch with Art tonight to get it taken care of.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back