Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Clown

I like those wheels, too! It looks like you bought a pair of the adult costume shoes. The kids version (11" in length) is closer to the actual shoe size. I bought a pair a month or so ago. Pic below.

shoe.jpg

I like those wheels, too! It looks like you bought a pair of the adult costume shoes. The kids version (11" in length) is closer to the actual shoe size. I bought a pair a month or so ago. Pic below.

View attachment 522771

Yeah, I'm waiting on DB to start making the shoes!, ha, ha,

my brother already had the adult shoes, so I threw them on for the mock-up

I was looking at the kids version as the last resort.

As far as the Cool screen correct wheels,....
beg me.jpg

Just Kidding, you won't believe it, but they are new Schwinn training wheels, the item number is: SW590 6PK, I got 'em off Amazon for $15 shipped and they were here the next day!

My second clown is being shipped this week finally. I do plan to start with the shoes, so hopefully your wait won't be too long. I'm guessing Ultracal can make a fine buck from vacuum-formed plastic. Anyone know what release agent to use? I have some spare test pulls from other projects, was going to experiment with those first. Apparently the left/right shoes are slightly different - a buddy came over today and asked me why the shoes were on backwards ;)

Training wheels, huh? I didn't think to try that yet .. I've searched on a zillion types of caster, cart, lawn mower, and other wheels .. but couldn't find one the right size with a metal hubcap. I'd have to measure, but I believe the correct placement is just barely touching the floor .. should leave about 1" spare to the top base.

I'll see if my second clown has the box-style base also. If so I might modify mine to have the same hinge and bottom.

My second clown is being shipped this week finally. I do plan to start with the shoes, so hopefully your wait won't be too long. I'm guessing Ultracal can make a fine buck from vacuum-formed plastic. Anyone know what release agent to use? I have some spare test pulls from other projects, was going to experiment with those first. Apparently the left/right shoes are slightly different - a buddy came over today and asked me why the shoes were on backwards

I actually thought the shoes were the same. Although, I have always thought my clown looked as if one of the shoes was on backwards. I thought Moody may have used a costume shoe for the original buck but did not notice the shoe actually had a slight difference between right/left.

On a side note, this popped up in my searches tonight - from a place in KY called Guntown Mountain:
View attachment 502728

Flipping through the thread, I just noticed this clown at Guntown Mountain still has the plate on the base. I am curious to know what it says! DB, did you happen to read what store this clown is located in? I wouldn't mind giving them a call.

DB, could you tell me the size and construction method of the big buttons on the front of your clown's vinyl suit? I assume they are just two pieces of vinyl sewn together with a little bit of stuffing between. Also, would it be possible to make a tracing of one of your clown's gloves? Even placing one on a copy machine would probably work.

I am going to try and restore my original clown to its previous glory.

Looks like the clown is in the gift shop of Funtown Mountain (just renamed apparently). And that place is also owned by the same people from Why Louisville .. so that makes some sense.

I'll take some photos of the clown buttons and post shortly.

The buttons on mine are 5.25" diameter vinyl circles stitched together. Doesn't really feel like there is stuffing between them. Held onto the suit with metal brads.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441213758.122277.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441213768.176102.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on the buttons!

I am still a little perplexed as to why the clown base was originally a box. Maybe it was a place to put sandbags to weigh the clown down and decrease the chance of someone tipping it over?

Yep, one of many things I'd like to know about these clowns. My guess was storing the power cord, although it would seem like overkill.

I'll try to get details on the gloves tonight. It might be easier / more accurate if I just put measurements on a photo .. the stuffing puffs them out quite a bit, so a flat sketch might not be that useful.

I tore apart my clown tonight. At least on my clown, the feet are identical. The plywood soles are identical and the parts nest well.

I think on mine the plywood might be the same, and they fit the same. There is something slightly shaped differently that suggests left and right. I think mine also have left/right notations written on the bottoms.

I think that I may understand the feet. The vacuum form is the same for both. The sole has simply been turned over for the opposite foot. The vacuum form just conforms to the different curvature, making it appear to be the other foot.

Here are some measurements from my clown. There are some differences between my clown and Duckbutt's.

DuckbuttPeeWeeFan
Legs36x3.87535x3.75
Feet2.375x3.8752.375x3.75
Leg supports1.5x21 (18 taper)1.375x22 (19.25 taper)
Front cross piece3.825x123.75x11.75
Back support piece5x6None
Spine front piece3x121.75x11.875
Spine back piece3x81.75x8.125

Interesting. I get the impression these clowns weren't built like the space shuttle, and have some slop in the measurements and materials. Seems like there are just some minor design changes as they went (spine/torso supports, vertical arm pushbar, etc).

If someone could post a pic of their clown's plastic torso shell, it would be greatly appreciated. My clown's torso is too badly damaged to tell what it should look like. Also, are the back and front halves identical?

the front and back are not the same, the back is round and vertically straight, slightly hour-glassed to form the waist, the front is protruding out more to form the belly, (at least at the bottom), hope this helps, your idea of using a rubber trash can and cutting it apart and making it fit, seems like it would work .

DSC00545.JPG DSC00541.JPG DSC00546.JPG DSC00542.JPG DSC00543.JPG DSC00544.JPG DSC00547.JPG DSC00548.JPG

Last edited:
Yep mine basically looks the same as that, just with white plastic. I haven't decided if I'll do one for my movie clown .. I think I'll just add padding to the front and skip the plastic torso (atleast in the Oddities video, you can see there is no plastic in the back).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back