Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

I kinda have mixed feelings about the spinners. Part of me wants to go with screen accurate and part of me wants to go with a perfected version.

Those blueprints are really coming out nicely! I've been meaning to do the same thing for a while.

Last edited:
I went on vacation this last week and look what I happened to run into on the way home. I had a lot more pictures but I didn't want anyone getting mad I was off subject.

P1010106.JPGP1010153.JPGP1010117.JPG

I got more parts in over the weekend:

Grips
Streamers
Crank
Sprocket
Compass

My next immediate needs are:

Fenders
Persons siren

I figure once I get those parts and the fork I can get everything sandblasted and then off to powder coating.

I might have a lead on the fenders but I'm struggling seeing the sirens go for $40-50 plus shipping. I'll keep an eye out on them.

Gregg

I had a chance to visit and take a bunch of pictures of the Hollywood Museum bike yesterday and the one Profiles is getting ready to auction. They are pretty much identical in their construction with a few exceptions.

The Profiles bike has the correct Dart tires on it and it also uses a vintage factory crank.

The biggest difference is that the rear fender was originally a duck billed fender that had the duck bill cut off. Kind of interesting.

The Hollywood bike used wires to hold stuff together where the Profiles bike actually used nuts and bolts. All in all the Profiles bike was in better condition. But construction wise, they were about identical.

Gregg

I know that guy was replacing things on that bike, I wonder how much of the differences are his doing, as opposed to being built differently originally.

There was very little different and the only thing that looked replaced was red plexi fins. Everything else looked original...including the stuff that was different from the Hollywood bike.

I know everyone is super accurate about this project but sadly I dont have the time. Im going to go as best as I can. I am a stickler for detail but i need to make this as good as i can before halloween. I acquried a 1950s jc higgins bike that will work good enough for me but some day ill get the schwinn dx and transfer all the work im about to do to this bike onto the real one. Heres my bike anyway. memorylanes001_zps84a3c1c3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

main thing i hated about it was the seat to handle bar height so i raised the handles a bit and slightly tipped it up and lowered the seat and it looks a little better

I like it....and 99% of the people in the world wouldn't know it's not a DX anyhow. I can't wait to see it all finished.

Well during my trip I was able to order a few more parts. I have a Tiger head siren on order from KansasJack and I was able to track down a Shimano shifter which is on its way to me.

The following parts arrived while I was gone:

Persons Siren
Small mirror
Mickey bell
Springers
goose neck
seat post and clamp

As I'm looking through pics I noticed that the brake levers are a bit different. Both are Dia Comps, but the Profiles bike is missing a bunch of the stamping on it. Also on the left side wheel skirt there is a support brace that hides behind the frame bar that didn't make it into the drawings for the proposed skirts.

Other than a few small details...it seems like those of you who have already done this have figured out most of everything about the bike.

Thanks guys!

Yea I was gonna buy the siren but i cant seem to find a seller who will sell one to me. I just started but I have the siren on its way ive got the tassels and the mirrors and am working on getting the foam to start roughing out the saddle bags for the back. The stupid tiger i have for the front temporarily is some squeaky rubber horn tiger i got at an erics bike shop.spin_prod_244144001.jpg

Last edited:
I got my siren off eBay. They are getting spendy but they always have them.

I have an extra small mirror if anyone needs one.

Gregg

Got another part in today....a Shimano 3 speed shifter. One more piece down!

Also met with the powder coating place this morning. I think I know what colors I'll be going with so I just have to find a couple more parts and then I'm good to go.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back