Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Hello all, I found these "SpinWheels". What was in the movie seemed a bit smaller though. They are 12" diameter.
They seem pretty cool and retro, they hold on with bolts and springs.

IMG_0123 3.jpgIMG_0125 2.jpg

Those are cool, they're probably what the prop makers had in mind when they did the bike. However, the real discs are 8 inches with a different swirl pattern.

I can probably have some more skirts cut. I'll have to talk to the shop though. The laser was down last week and I'm waiting on some updated pieces.

Also.....so I was doing some research this weekend and watching the movie, and I don't know if this has ever been covered...but most of the time you see the mudflaps, the emblems are gold and not silver. The original mudflap I own had a dark gold emblem on it too, and that was what made me notice it. Now I only see the dark gold emblems.

Gregg

I can probably have some more skirts cut. I'll have to talk to the shop though. The laser was down last week and I'm waiting on some updated pieces.

Also.....so I was doing some research this weekend and watching the movie, and I don't know if this has ever been covered...but most of the time you see the mudflaps, the emblems are gold and not silver. The original mudflap I own had a dark gold emblem on it too, and that was what made me notice it. Now I only see the dark gold emblems.

Gregg

- - - Updated - - -

Are those made of individual segments or something? Because if they were I think I was thinking of buying those on ebay.

Each side is two pieces. You can put them on without taking the wheel off. I paid $60.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking at an auction for a delta rocket, and it says it's a headlight model, and the box illustration it has a clip for the handlebars. Is this model any different than the fender light? Aside from connection anyways.

the original rocket rays did come with a handle bar mounting bracket, and to answer your question they are no different, if it is a headlight, they made a delta rocket ray horn that has a chrome vented bezel and no bulb or reflector.
There was the standard model and the super rocket ray, both can be seen used in the movie, they did make a junior rocket ray for smaller bikes but it did not have a chrome visor and was a little different looking.

this is the standard model:
standard ray 001.JPG

this is the super model:

super rocket ray 001.JPG

this is the horn, it has the same style body,

horn 001.JPG

Last edited:
make sure the bezel is chrome and has the little visor, the handle bar mount is just and extra piece, you just dont use it on a fender, the hole spacing is the same.

I thought I would take my bike out for a ride today since the weather was great.
The ride, however, wasn't.
The fork kept squeaking, the front fender creaked and at one point the chain came off the hub, leaving me flying forwards with no brakes and narrowly missing a car backing out of a garage. I had to drag the toes of my shoes against the sidewalk to slow down.
I've got all of next week off, so that gives me some well-needed time to work.

On the plus side, my portable speaker works.

the chain coming off can mainly be caused by too much slack in the chain, when you tighten the rear wheel on the dropout slot, I usually leave about .75" movement or less, too much slop, the chain will jump. also wiggle the front sprocket, if you have a wiggle, your nut is loose. the next thing to check would be the rear sprocket, is the C-clip the correct thickness?

just trying to help in case you don't, there are few builders that sometimes don't know.

One time I sent my wife off on a test ride without checking the brakes, now I have to make sure the main crank and brake works before riding after changing tire or working on a bike.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back