Parks Sabers

I'm sure it could be easy to take it to a machine shop or something to get a piece of alluminum or stainless steel to match....without sound holes of course.

Actually that does not sound easy at all. It seems easy to say but not easy to actually do. It actually sounds expensive as well.

You know what's even easier?... Having it supplied in the kit.

Last edited:

Were you able to have it built in less than 10 minutes?? :p that's his new slogan

That's a pretty cool kit. I think my only complaint would be that it should also come with a pommel piece that does not have holes for speaker sound. This way if you were looking to just have it as a static piece, it would look more accurate.

Mine too, I asked him for a piece that did not had the sound holes, he said no problem but asked $20 extra, we'll see when it arrives.

So you have to pay more for less programming and machine time. That sounds fair. :rolleyes

That's exactly what I thought, but I couldn't stand those holes, so... who wants to argue with the umpire; though he charged my card $220 that being the total with shipping, I still have to see what gets delivered, but I'm not keeping it, don't like it overall.

So you have to pay more for less programming and machine time. That sounds fair. :rolleyes

I don't know, sounds about right. I admit, I have no idea of their process but I think I have a good idea...

Most likely the piece in question will be added to the package, and not replaced. If it is or isn't, this is still going to be considered a special order which will have to be manufactured. I am guessing these kits were done in a massive run by a machine shop. Now Parks sabers has to go back to the shop and have this special piece made. Material and man-hours on a one off is going to be more expensive than if he would have included the part as part of the set in the first place... which as I mentioned above... he should have done in the first place.

To me it would have made sense to include such a piece because the kit offers so many other parts that allow you to make the lightsaber in the version you want. It should also allow the builder to choose static or FX version as well.

Hey guys, a question, I got my kit yesterday and I see in all the pics so far the top red button is not installed , on mine it is, and you would think it just unscrews but it does not, I get 2 turns then a lockout. Is the top red button / beer tab even removable? , Also please explain how the red button , switch is supposed to be glued together?, one thing for sure this aint no 10 min assembly saber lol. It has potential though, worth the wait and money imho .

I don't know, sounds about right. I admit, I have no idea of their process but I think I have a good idea...

Most likely the piece in question will be added to the package, and not replaced. If it is or isn't, this is still going to be considered a special order which will have to be manufactured. I am guessing these kits were done in a massive run by a machine shop. Now Parks sabers has to go back to the shop and have this special piece made. Material and man-hours on a one off is going to be more expensive than if he would have included the part as part of the set in the first place... which as I mentioned above... he should have done in the first place.

To me it would have made sense to include such a piece because the kit offers so many other parts that allow you to make the lightsaber in the version you want. It should also allow the builder to choose static or FX version as well.
Yes the kit is mass produced in China, he said HE would be manufacturing the piece, it would be an inconvenience for the factory to make just one special order, I guess if more people start requesting no holes he would eventually add it as part of the kit.
His reason to make this in to a conversion version is he gets a lot of demand for FX sabers and it's a lot of waste of time, money and parts to have a graflex converted and this will help in the process, I Guess whoever wants a prop would rather buy the real 3 cell.

Hey guys, a question, I got my kit yesterday and I see in all the pics so far the top red button is not installed , on mine it is, and you would think it just unscrews but it does not, I get 2 turns then a lockout. Is the top red button / beer tab even removable? , Also please explain how the red button , switch is supposed to be glued together?, one thing for sure this aint no 10 min assembly saber lol. It has potential though, worth the wait and money imho .

The pin on the beertab is a screw, I wrapped needle-nose pliers in some tape and unscrewed it carefully. Then the red button and tab come off.
As for holding the button piece in place... I used tape for now. If I get around to putting electronics in, then it'll have to be glued carefully. For now, happy enough with it, even if it's not 100% to vintage, it's plenty good for me.

Hey thank you for that info, I agree that this kit is.... good enough, especially if you plan on Installing electronics and a blade, well thought out for that purpose. I myself own 3 vintage graflex handles and its damn close, I also think the red anodized buttons are a plus, it makes for a new look and it works. I also am curious about the smaller diameter blade for this one, My ultra sabers are 1" diameter, this one is 3/4 or so, now to find the guts I need and that smaller blade. Thanks again guys !

Ok I received my order, and... well. :unsure, guess it's ok for a FX Saber, but definitively will be selling it, I did not received the custom made bottom with no sound holes as requested, that extra $20 dlls charge was for the shipping. Not going to complain, I'm not keeping it anyway.

Can someone answer a quick question about the 2.0?
Does it come with the "glass eye" or can it be installed afterward ?

Can someone answer a quick question about the 2.0?
Does it come with the "glass eye" or can it be installed afterward ?

It is not exactly a glass eye, it is a chromed metal piece all around, Zero-glass, I guess you could use a regular glass eye later instead but you would not have the blade retention screw that goes there

I've ordered two kits since the 2.0 upgrade started and I've had nothing but extremely quick replys snd friendly interactions with Jeff. I'm very happy with the product, as well.

Last edited:
Ordered my 2.0 kit yesterday, looking forward to giving the ESB version a go and I would like to add electronics and a blade down the line. I'm in no hurry so I guess that's good as I could be in for a wait by the sounds of things.

How do you attach the grips, I've never done one of these before, do they glue on?

Hi All Im lost
i just orderd a esb full Graflex saber from parks is he making sabers i called and emailed and got no anwser should i be worried?

Hi All Im lost
i just orderd a esb full Graflex saber from parks is he making sabers i called and emailed and got no anwser should i be worried?
That is quite normal.

You need some patience wird th Jeff Parks. And I would suggest you write and phone him once a week til you get an answer.

Maybe someone here has the coil from the bottom of a Parks Graflex after converting it into a FX Saber, I need one. :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back