Painting Robocop Helmet

mandio222

Hi, im painting a Robocop Helmet from Mutronics. Made some minor modifications like the depth of the visor and replacing the molded phillips screws for hex screws, the only "mayor" modification was reshaping the lower back of the neck (forgot to take pics, will do when inm done painting).
I had it for a long time and im the 3rd owner of this helmet, so im really happy that im finally painting it.

I used this thread as a tutorial with my own take.
http://www.therpf.com/f9/robocop-helmet-kit-build-paint-146693/
So thanks very much to GeneralFROSTY

All stats with sanding and priming (again im the 3rd owner so there was some rapairing to do and more cleanup than usual)
5n4pid.jpg

Then i painted the black part, using RustOleum semi gloss, i really dont like the high gloss most peoble go for.
jtmiqa.jpg

First the silver, RustOleum metalic silver with an airbrush (not really that good with spray cans and i whanted to luke as good as posible).
Second Humbrol 52 Baltic Blue Metallic.
Third Humbrol 51 Sunset Red Metallic (it really a pinkish purple, not red at all), i whet a little lighter on the purple.
vdmk51.jpg

iqau68.jpg

2e34cau.jpg

And i have started with the top, gave it the first coat of silver, did some heavy sanding with a 1000 sandpaper and reprimed some parts and its ready por a second coat.
1hwawi.jpg

Now a question, im planing to use polyurethane clear coat, i have never use it, any tips especially on sanding?
Tks

Last edited:
Re: Painting Robocop Helmet work in progres

Dude, that is looking really nice. Wish I could get my hands on a Robo helmet.

Looking forward to seeing it completed.

Re: Painting Robocop Helmet work in progres

That is an excellent looking Robo helmet! Lol! Any updates on the painting?
Pete

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back