Painting Armour

midland hunter

hi guys just put second coat of pva glue on my armour and wondering about painting the foam do u still use acrylic paint and has anybody got any ideas on how people make the armour look dirty any advice would be helpful guys

I sprayed a grey primer on to my armour and then used a gloss Aluminum spray paint to finish. I added the 'dirty' look to my armour using watered down black acrylic paint applied with a damp sponge (make sure the sponge is one with larger air holes in it or this method won't work). I then add a dark silver (black and metallic silver acrylic mix together) using the same method to blend the black it in to the base colour.

Black was also used anywhere that should be in shadow for example where armour pieces over lap each other. The dark silver was used to blend it out. This was the same for any battle damage that was on show.

Hope that helps

Double H

I sprayed a grey primer on to my armour and then used a gloss Aluminum spray paint to finish. I added the 'dirty' look to my armour using watered down black acrylic paint applied with a damp sponge (make sure the sponge is one with larger air holes in it or this method won't work). I then add a dark silver (black and metallic silver acrylic mix together) using the same method to blend the black it in to the base colour.

Black was also used anywhere that should be in shadow for example where armour pieces over lap each other. The dark silver was used to blend it out. This was the same for any battle damage that was on show.

Hope that helps

Double H
that pretty much covers it , could not have said it better myself ,lol !!!!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back