Painted a bit w/no prosaide...is that a bad thing?

vonroll

Hey ya'll. I got anxious and starting airbrushing my undermask with Createx paints without mixing in any rubber cement or prosaide. I finely applied the paints and so far I can detect no cracking whatsoever. Is it only a matter of time? Should I continue with prosaide on further layers? Have I totally screwed the pooch? thanks!

a couple of pics so far. (not finished).

IMG_6031.jpg

IMG_6032.jpg

Are you screwed? Yes and no.. Technically, yes.. If any of your layers needed a latex, prosaid or rubber cement mix, it would have been your initial layers. However.. Sealing it in permawet or polyacrylic may work this late in the game

maybe you'll get lucky :cry:

Oh great. haha
Anyway, so looking at the createx paint specs it says it's good for latex. Why would they say that... just because it applies to latex? Maybe they don't account for any elasticity? Being that a lot of createx paint is used on t-shirts and materials that stretch, wouldn't one assume that they have built in elastic properties?

Ok, so maybe I'm just trying to reassure myself. What if I wanted to start over, how would I remove the paint without too much damage? That might be a bigger mess than just continuing with the suggestions here.

thanks guys.

Oh great. haha
Anyway, so looking at the createx paint specs it says it's good for latex. Why would they say that... just because it applies to latex? Maybe they don't account for any elasticity? Being that a lot of createx paint is used on t-shirts and materials that stretch, wouldn't one assume that they have built in elastic properties?

Ok, so maybe I'm just trying to reassure myself. What if I wanted to start over, how would I remove the paint without too much damage? That might be a bigger mess than just continuing with the suggestions here.

thanks guys.

Try simple green to remove the paint.

some 99% alcohol will remove prosaide.... I would write to where ever you got the sealer and ask what will remove the sealer.

Cool, thats what i used to remove the sealer off basicly I put prosaide down, mixed pax layer and then airbrushed FW ink on top and add layer of prosaide again (if i found a dry area) FW ink again and then sealer. I'm just trying to take it back to the raw latex. Is there anything that can cut through these layers quickly? or I'm i doomed in picking off paint for 2 days lol

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I can either go on my way and not worry about it til it flakes or I've got to break out the simple green and some cotton balls or cloth and get busy. I picked up some rubber cement, so I may try and thin it and spray some of it on. I've found with my Halloween props that sometimes experimentation gets you results you never knew would work. Haha...that's my excuse for being impatient.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back