P2 Spear Progress Paint up with slight corrosion

Knightviper09

What's up fellow Hunter's and Huntress. Finally got settled enough to buy some paint so I can finally paint this P2 Spear that I ordered on Ebay. I don't have pics of every little step because I took the pics with two different cameras. (as you probably can tell by the picture quality)

100_0970.jpg

This is what the spear tips look like before and after paint up.

100_0974.jpg

100_0975.jpg

First I started off by painting the whole thing with flat black paint.

100_0976.jpg

100_0978.jpg

Next I sprayed very little "Hammered Copper" spray paint onto the end of a sponge and lightly touch the surface of the spear tip. As you can see, it already gives it a nice texture. I started to go with this texture, but at the time I only had one copper like color so I repeated the same thing about 2 more times. After that, I then mist the copper spray over the spear tip and then brush the small blades down to create a slight worn blade look.

100_0967.jpg
100_0965.jpg

100_0968.jpg
100_0983.jpg

Once that's done, then I mixed "Folk Arts" (Calypso Sky and Soft Apple) to get the corrosive effect. Sky color look similar to turquoise. I put some on the edges of the pipes because usually that's were corrosion may start and it's a neat effect too.

Next is the main body of the spear. Basically I did it the same way with the completely spray flat black and paint or highlight with the copper color on top of that.

100_0982.jpg

100_0981.jpg

After the main body is spray painted black I sponge and misted copper color in a few spot then blended that into the black. Once I had a good layer of copper color, my wife suggested I add a red and black mix to bring out the copper some. It worked too. After that was done I added another copper metallic color. Sponge and blend only with that. Reason for using more than one copper is to make it look multicolor. I was going for that movie quality look. Don't know exactly what colors they used so that's when you have to guess, trial and error. For the middle part all I used was some Yellow Ochre and Unbleached Titanium mixed. Here are some close up and finalized pics:

100_0985.jpg

100_0986.jpg

100_0986.jpg

100_0987.jpg

100_0992.jpg

DSC00911.jpg

DSC00910.jpg

DSC00909.jpg

DSC00908.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00904.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

DSC00916.jpg

DSC00919.jpg

DSC00918.jpg

DSC00917.jpg

DSC00930.jpg

Hope you all have enjoyed looking at the progress pic as I had painting it. Happy Hunting!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lookin' goo.... wait a minute. Does that wolf thats going for your spear have P2 eyes?

:)

LOL, Nice observation. Yeah, wife was playing around with that since we don't have a display mannequin for our Predator heads yet. We plan to make that mask look 10x's better with Predator eyes and fangs instead of the rubber teeth that's on the mask. I knew someone would spot that. LOL Thanks!

Thanks Kit! My wife and I played around with the colors. The corrosive part was just something I wanted to add since my whole costume looks similar and I haven't seen much members painted theirs that way before. Something different, I guess.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back