P2 Masks Sssssss

Usurper

Ive been that into custom paint jobs, its a nice change to paint a p2.

the open mouth is a commision for someone, and i thought it would be the perfect time to do the closed mouth p2 at the same time ( none commission, so to be sold after ) as it dawned on me i had not done a actual p2 paint up on my closed mouth P2.

here are the boys ready to start painting on saturday.

Ill shoot some progress as i go over the next week or so.

They are on different sized posts, but they are pretty much identical in size.

p2s.jpg

Thanks guys, eyes were cut out today and Masks Prosaide'd ( is that even a word ) ready for some ink to be thrown at them in the next few days.

This is NO tutorial, or even the right way etc, just what i am doing. and this time i am using NO reference at all, just winging it as best i can.

Base coats are done. that went like this, 1st i proasided the masks, then i misted some yellow ocre in ROUGHLY the areas i wanted the yellow to be, theeeeeeeeeeeen i went ahead and laid down some random veins, which most will be coverd but hey ho.

p2sa.jpg.gif

p2sb.jpg.gif

p2sc.jpg.gif

at this point i decided i was going to use a different shade of red, normally i use 3 different shades of red, but i want to do these masks leaning more purple tones. So rather then start this nd regret it on thr front, i did the back.

p2sd.jpg.gif

I am not convinced as yet about the red/purple, i think i may have to lay some crimson over it, but i will know more when i start the front.

Next i will use a skin tone to mist over the veins, doing only 2 passes, to just slightly dull them and not make them so bright. then the same again with white, which will be thinned 50/50 with isopropynol. I can also clean up any yellow if i think i need to space the pattern out etc.

Ive called i a day today as my knee is hurting from the gym this morning.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway ill post more as i go.

Fanks for looooooooooooking :D

Thanks guys, Andre, the pattern on the back is what i have always done to my P2's, just something i followed on with from the BACK of the P2 body, i just thought it would be cool to have it continue up his head.

Slight change, being as the customer is always right, the sold mask ( open mouth version ) is now required to be painted a darker burgandy, so i will probably finish off the open mouth before i go any further with the closed mouth, which will be a lighter version.

should have more pics today.

Well, heres where i stopped today, night shifts = me tired.

so here we have the main part of the head done, either tomorrow or wednesday i will move onto the cheaks and neck.

p2se.jpg.gif

p2sf.jpg.gif

Then long aaaaaaaaaaaaago [member='Bovine13'] and i somehow discussed ( no idea how we got onto the subject ) a .........i will try to be politically correct, Pred who is in touch with his female side.......

and heres the start. just for you PINKY. [member='Bovine13']

p2sg.jpg.gif

Actually thats just the base red layer, so dont worry he will darken up with the next 3 layers of red ( i like to do it this way to give it more depth, and not a solid red colour.

hope ya like. and if not, i do not care :p

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back