P2 Closed Mouth Build. Raw Latex 1St Pull P24 24/11/11

lol , thanks, but why you want to see me suffer?

oh before i forget, does ANYONE have a FULL SIZED P2 bio ? i think i vaguely remember hearing about them on here, but i am not sure who by. id like dimensions, so rather than me pm people looking a ass because they have no idea what i am on about, if anyone reads and has a full size P2 bio, if they could help out , that would be cool.

if not ill just make it up as i go

well I don;t know if they are full size but if it helps I have owned P2 bios from Nucking futs,biohunter76,hez and the HCG and they are all the same in size.
the only difference it's on the details.

aaah well maybe i heard different or i made that up then.

thanks Lem, ill grab some dimensions from the HGC , then maybe shoot a couple of PM's about.

cool

looking at Pauls bio collection he says all the bios he has are about 20x12. i always had the hero looking so much longer in the forehead, the dimensions just do not add up.

i maybe over thinking it though hehe.

I am so excited for this thread!

I am gonna be your little helper on this one. Send me out and I will gather whatever you need. I am saying right now I am gonna be first in line when you start providing copies for people.

I am very excited.

9f60846b.jpg

9dcb1a49.jpg

1da5c40e.jpg

f2280003.jpg

b3066c2b.jpg

Hope some of this helps.

Sorry I didn't do any measurement conversion for you.

i will definitely be following this lee, thanks for providing the opportunity for us to crawl behind you on your journey :)

i do hope to gather some clay really soon and give it a go. your amount of works alone is inspiring, let alone the shear quality. i've never held one of your masks in my hands before, but rumor has it that, basically, "you're a badass"

"the fool believes he is wise, while a wise man knows he is a fool"

Gene,

Thankyou VERY much for taking the time to meassure the bio. Here is my issue with what you guys are saying about the size of the bio, and apparent dimensions of the head.

The bio is 12 inches wide x 20 ish inches long, and 7 inches at the eye width.

YET my P2 open mouth is approx 11.5 inches wide x 21 inches long and 7 inches at the eye width.

IF i make the closed mouth 12 inches wide x 20 inches long, his face will look squashed, the several pictures i have seen of the hero head , make the forehead look long and i am pretty sure with KPH being 7'2 ( probably closer to 8ft when suited up ) the photos we have seen of him, make the head and bio ALOT LOT bigger.
Ref below

predator_2_disc2-0.jpg

i THINK the P2 bio that is the normal seen around here, is the STUNT bio, which was made for the STUNT man, who had a complete new suit made for him due to his height being considerably less than KPH. picture below of the short stunt suit on the left, stands to reason there would be a smaller bio out there, which is what Hez and other sell.

P2_wpsuit1.jpg

Why am i banging on about this? well i do not want to make a SMALL head, JUST so it fits the bio we have around here............... actually i will go as far as to say i would rather sculpt the head bigger even if the bios do not fit.

I have a P2 bio packed away here somewhere ( no idea of dimensions ) maybe i will have a to compare it to the sculpt as i go.

sorry for rambling, but i was beginning to think i had gone mad(der) with the P2 bio size thing.

anyone have any thoughts on this?

EDIT : the above 2 pictures were taken from threads here on the lair, so thanks for the reference section.

I decided this time to start with the neck when blocking out, ( i usually start at the top and work down ) i have done this for a couple of reasons.

1, It gives a idea of the size the sculpt will be. ( for anyone interested )
2, I normally make the neck too thin to start and have to go back and thicken everything up after, so i am thinking ahead for a change.

1st pic, i just grabbed some biggish flat chunks of clay and laid them around the neck, then i get hand fulls of the smaller chunks and work them into holding it all together, you can see the kind of chunks i mean in the 1st picture.
the neck is fleshed out to just over 20 inches around.

p2cm1.jpg

then i took the rest of the lumps of clay you see above, and filled the bigger gaps, then smoothing the neck so it is FAIRLY smooth, i am not too botherd as the neck will be amended and have alittle shape put into it at a later date, you can see from the photo the neck now measures 21.25 inches around, this will be reduced with shaping and detailing later.
also you can see i added more clay at the sides and front of the neck, this is because my last P2 sculpt was VERY rear heavy, and it nearly toppled over a couple of times, so i am trying to keep it balanced alittle.

oh and i put clay on the eyes, as it weirds me out when i look up and hes staring back at me.

p2cm2.jpg

Why am i banging on about this? well i do not want to make a SMALL head, JUST so it fits the bio we have around here............... actually i will go as far as to say i would rather sculpt the head bigger even if the bios do not fit.

I think it really comes down to, what is YOUR long-term goal? Is it to make a mask that is sized to movie-accurate specs or is it a mask that you can wear and not look like a bobble-head? It really reads like your goal is with the accuracy to the original, so go for it! I'll have a gander through the reference section and try and set up a size comparison pic in AutoCAD for you, to try and get a ratio of our knowns to the picture unknowns (Looks like it's going to rain, which means I won't be able to get much done on my P1 Stunt, anyway).

Yeah sort of stuck between the 2 . i will have a think about it and make a decision.

Here is where i am upto, just throwing big lumps of clay on the armature for now, as you can see it looks reeeeeeeeeeally ******. hopefully that will improve as i go. ( theres even 3/4 of 1 of the whole 2lb blocks just plonked there )

I am done for the day now, as the bloody dishwasher just decided to spring a leak, so i guess thats my afternoon taken up now

hopefully get some more done tomorrow but i cant promise anything. oh and so far this is ALL done with fingers, no solvents or heat was used to soften the clay or smooth it.

And photos are all taken with iphone, i will start using a better camera when i get something that remotely looks like a pred.

p2cm3.jpg

p2cm4.jpg

Well, if you decide to go the wearable route, you could always PM gk asylum and see if he'd be kind enough to take some photos of his Screen Used Mask with a tape measure, in the the manner that Gene provided. Sure, it's not a closed mouth, but it's a much better starting point for you...

Already spoke to Larry, he was kind enough to let me throw some question at him, his mask is a stunt, the hero being bigger, has a slightly different shape, andit is obviously bigger.

Just going to carry on blocking when i get time, and then take it from there.

chrz

p2cm1.jpg

Do this to your sculpt and it will never fall or tip.

I did this to my current head sculpt. Works real nice. I used some old straps from a Suit case with some screws and washers.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back