P2 Bust Up For Pre-Order...!

Okay...thats weird, it was a link to the P2 lifesize bust but now the link is messed up?

Getting an error message, how about you all?

Now its back up?

I just got this email too. Looks awesome, but a little to pricey for me. Not to mention I would have no room for it lol.

Our beloved and very own Casey Love lead paint on all the skin, teeth, eyes. Eric O'neill painted the base, chest armor ,Predator 2 nameplate and dreadlocks. Melissa Love paint on dreadlocks. Francisco Charlie Hernandez and Casey Love assembled it as well.

I beloved and very own Casey Love lead paint on all the skin, teeth, eyes. Eric O'neill painted the base, chest armor ,Predator 2 nameplate and dreadlocks. Melissa Love paint on dreadlocks. Francisco Charlie Hernandez and Casey Love assembled it as well.

I was wondering why this looked so bad ass. Too bad they won't be working on each individual piece though, lol.

Before my internet craps out on me again, I'll have to try to repost my comments. This product is a rip off, nearly 400 dollars for something that isn't really a 'full' bust. SS is a let down, but that's good for my emaciated wallet - I know, I'm an ass hole.

You are not a posterior hole Bensin.

You simply see things in a view a lot of us don't. I for one, think this is a cool looking piece. If I had the money...I'd buy it. Like you though, my wallet is as flat as my backside so it will be a no go for me.

I can only afford NECA and one payment plan a year. I'm screwed in Sept though. SSC is taking payment for the P2 and Samurai on the same day. So, I am trying really hard to get some things sold and save mah pennies.

I think it's a cool piece, it looks phenomenal, but it won't come out looking like that.

What really bothers me is that it's not really a full bust, really it's just the headpiece and the rest of it is 'stylized', in other words 'we didn't sculpt the shoulders or the armor and plasma caster and called it artistic' - I could see 400 dollars being okay if it was a full bust at that scale.

If I were to buy that, I'd probably have to get it repainted, and if I'm paying that much, it should be ready to display and look like it's a 400 dollar piece.

I've seen some nightmarish flaws in the P1 bust they did earlier with the fangs being glued incorrectly, paint problems and so on, not to mention the sculpt isn't entirely accurate. Now I'm just rambling, the point is for 400 dollars I'm not assured that I'll be happy with my 400 dollar purchase.

I really want to like SS, but every time they release something, I read more horror stories than happy endings. Such events only make that 1:1 P1 and the 1:1 Alien Warrior busts more desireable. I think they know that people are just going to buy this high end stuff regardless, so they have no incentive to improve quality control.

Bensin is correct.

First off, the bust was painted by Casey Love's studio. If you think he's gonna sit down and paint a few thousand of those things... um, no. Actually, after seeing and drooling over the pics on Facebook - I'm afraid to see actual production photos.

Secondly, the sculpt looks fantastic. It is kind of cut off in an odd way, though. I wish they'd included the pauldron and left-shoulder bell. I'm serious, I really like the head sculpture. I can't say that enough.

Thirdly, price. It's $400. There's no way I can afford that currently, and that Flex-pay option is just making it that much harder to resist. I've been onto Sideshow for years, and I know what I see isn't what I get. I full-knowingly would buy one with the sole intention of re-painting it myself. For ****'s sake, they actually put a disclaimer on their stuff, and it goes something like this (not word-for-word) "Prototype shown. Actual piece "may differ" from the prototype."

Like I said...too much.

I hear both of you with the final product thing. I think by seeing everyones negative feedback of SSC's "busts", statues, and the like...it's best too just stick with 1/6 stuff and call it that. Maybe a premium here and there, but those are steep too.

On that note... not Predator, but related...

http://www.manofactionfigures.com/products/dead-end-custom-16-batman-action-figure-kg-toys?utm_source=7.7.12&utm_campaign=6.28.12+MAILER&utm_medium=email

what a funny coincidence reyals.
I was talking to jason about that Batman DE piece a few days ago. theres a guy on ebay claiming this is a early release of the hot toys piece sideshow is going to be putting out next year. LOL not bad for the price though and etter than some other customs dead ends I've seen. thanks for sharing.

I'm on the statueforum.com site, and most everyone has the same opinion of SS...that most of their actual products are going to be disappointing. The really funny thing (and sad because it perpetuates the problem) is that even though most people think the production piece won't be worth the price, they already know that they are going to buy it anyway. This is why SS QC will always be bad. They know that there will always be enough people who will buy their products regardless. Their Predator items are their worst. In all honesty, the Predator pieces should cost more because they are much more difficult to paint and sculpt than superheroes and such. If it is supposed to cost $400, I'd rather pay $700 or so, than have to buy it for $400 and have someone else repaint it for $500-$700. In the end, you get what you pay for. That is why I don't buy SS Predator statues, unless I can see it in hand and it impresses me. $400 really isn't enough to expect to get a really good 1/2 scale Predator bust with a quality paint job.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back