P. L. Enterprise Refit

Got mine yesterday... Pics can only BEGIN to relay the size... You really don't know JUST how big it is until you unbury the saucer at the bottom of the box. HUGE.

And yes -- intimidating....

How the hell are we going to mask off all those window inserts....?

I just ordered my PL Refit today. :) Does anyone have any idea what pearlescent paints to use on it? Is anyone going to attempt it with these pearlescent paints?

Carl

Originally posted by Darth Infamous@May 2 2005, 04:32 AM
I just ordered my PL Refit today. :) Does anyone have any idea what  pearlescent paints to use on it? Is anyone going to attempt it with these  pearlescent paints?

Carl
[snapback]978141[/snapback]​

You can get the pearlescant pigments dry in a myriad of colors. The brand I use is PearlEX.

http://www.outlinesrubberstamp.com/main/ca...ies/pearlex.htm

You can add it to any clear medium you prefer. I love the stuff.

OH BABY. Now PLEASE tell me they are going to release a Reliant kit in this scale and accuracy????

OMG can you imagine a Bird of PREY in this scale??

I'm all over this baby.

Josh

Originally posted by Bryancd@May 2 2005, 07:27 AM
I heard a Reliant mod kit is in the works from a model builder over at CultTVMan :)
[snapback]978327[/snapback]​

Oh noooooooooooooooo... :D

Geeze, that'd drive me wild, having a refit Enterprise and a scale-Reliant fighting it out hanging from the ceiling on threads... I haven't felt this geek-happy in a long time. ::chuckle::

Are you saying it's a model kit on its own, or a modification kit for the PL Enterprise refit kit?

Originally posted by Bryancd@May 2 2005, 12:39 PM
Mod for the current kit.
[snapback]978506[/snapback]​

D'oh. Well, I guess I gotta hope that PL keeps making the refit kits... has a 'limited number' been announced or anything?

Isn't the original BoP kit in about this scale...? Then again, maybe I'm nuts...

Originally posted by animetronic@May 2 2005, 10:30 AM
OH BABY.  Now PLEASE tell me they are going to release a Reliant kit in this scale and accuracy???? 

I'm all over this baby.

Josh
[snapback]978294[/snapback]​

Why not...?

Love to see a 1:350 TOS E.

Originally posted by phase pistol@May 2 2005, 10:48 AM
I wouldn't expect any more Polar Lights Star Trek kits.

Well maybe the 1/1000 NX-01.

- k
[snapback]978302[/snapback]​

Originally posted by PHArchivist+May 3 2005, 12:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PHArchivist @ May 3 2005, 12:01 AM)</div>
Isn't the original BoP kit in about this scale...?  Then again, maybe I'm nuts...

<!--QuoteBegin-animetronic
@May 2 2005, 10:30 AM
OH BABY.  Now PLEASE tell me they are going to release a Reliant kit in this scale and accuracy????  

I'm all over this baby.

Josh
[snapback]978294[/snapback]​
[snapback]978804[/snapback]​
[/b]

NO, your not nuts, I have heard that the BOP is in scale with the new refit.
Looks right to me anyways.......

This thing is freakin HUGE... I just opened the box and nearly fell out of my chair when I saw the primary hull. This thing says two things to me: one, I need to have this done on a commissioned basis, it's so far beyond me, and two, my wife's going to divorce me when i bring it home finished :).

The word on the "street" is that Trek is dead at Racing Champions/ERTL/PolarLights/whateverthehelltheycallthemselves....

The 1/1000 NX has been in the pipeline for awhile, it'll still get made.

There were other awesome kits planned but I seriously doubt they'll see the light of day.

I might get wistful and say "if the refit sells well...", but I think they deliberately cut the run of the refits, there won't be a ton of them to sell anyway.

They do seem to be going ahead with their "diecast" (actually plastic) little 4" ships however.

But hey, anything can happen I guess.

When you go to the conventions bug the company reps about it and see what they say. :unsure

- k

Originally posted by PHArchivist+May 2 2005, 07:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PHArchivist @ May 2 2005, 07:02 PM)</div>
Why not...?

Love to see a 1:350 TOS E.

<!--QuoteBegin-phase pistol
@May 2 2005, 10:48 AM
I wouldn't expect any more Polar Lights Star Trek kits.

Well maybe the 1/1000 NX-01.

- k
[snapback]978302[/snapback]​
[snapback]978805[/snapback]​
[/b]

Now that you mention it guys, this DOES look like a proper scale to the BOP. When I look at a screen cap from Star Trek III I can see that the BOP is so much smaller than the Enterprise. For some reason I just never considered that. Im used to seeing the miniatures and pewter ships in a scale like they would be similar sized vessels. Thats pretty neat that the old BOP would look accurate next to this Ent A. I really wanna see this scale in Excelsior, haha. That would be um...too big for most people.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back