P. L. Enterprise Refit

Smiling Demon

Sr Member
Anyone have any updates on the 1/350 refit Enterprise from Polar Lights? I thought it was supposed to come out in October. I can't wait to get it!

Kenny

Thomas said the molds have about a month of work left to be done and then they can go into production. I think they will make it by Christmas
icon_smile.gif

Its looking really good. I cannot wait for Christmas, ia m hoping they will have it out. If not my Birthday is in Jan so I am set either way.

JDH

That thing is so killer. Sasser did an amazing job on the sculpt. The mechanical precision of the sculpt almost has a machined feel to it. Tight, tight, tight. This thing is easily the greatest representation of the 1701 refit I've ever seen and shockingly, it's not that much smaller than the oft mentioned yet seldom seen Dennis Deboers Enterprise. This kit is considerably cheaper than the Deboers as well, (about $60-$75 retail depending on location). I am so salivating to build this bee-yotch!
icon_lol.gif

Lights,...correct paint scheme and I fully anticipate this taking MONTHS but oh the finished results!
icon_wink.gif

Can't wait.
icon_razz.gif

Yes all must buy several!
icon_biggrin.gif

I think this puppy's master must have been 3-d printed from Sasser's blueprints... way too much detail and accuracy.

I hope however that the nacelles appear to be sagging due to the camera distortion!
icon_frown.gif

Otherwise excellent.
icon_biggrin.gif

- Karl

Yes, those supports are supposed to be part of the kit. I plan on handling that another way though...

I agree on the nacelle droop, that concerned me as well!

Mark Snyder
Seoul, Korea

The clear supports are part of the stand and I am pretty sure that the apparent droop is camera distortion as the pictures I have seen of the internal construction of the kit would seem to make droop unlikely.

I have had a case of four on pre-order with Doll and Hobby since may last year. Their price is under $40 each if you buy a case.

Cheers

Tony

Do you have a link for Doll and Hobby? Or does anyone know how yo make a bulk purchase directly from PL? Seems like theres enough interest around here to make it worth while
icon_wink.gif

Jedi Dade

I'm gonna get mine from Hobby Lobby...

Have it put somewhere "safe" in the store until one of their 50% off sales happens, then get that sucker...

On top of that the wife gets and employees discount
icon_wink.gif

Oh hell yeah... I may just buy two...

-Gary

http://www.doll-hobby.com/Home.asp

$41.99 each or $38.99 each if you buy a case of four.

Gary, you are lucky you could get one of these for under $20 if that pans out.

Thomas says they are allready running the molds on these in China, so the only way they would be held back untill April would be if RC2/PL decided to intentionally hold them to build up stocks.

As for what CTV says, lets just say that there seems to be some history between him and Thomas Sasser and leave it at that.....
icon_frown.gif

Cheers

Tony

yeah, I made that mistake on the NX-01... Freaked out when it came in and bought one from ebay... Then is sat on my shelf unopened when Hobby Lobby got theirs in AND had a 50% off sale. There were still some on the shelves after the sale...

Taught me a very valuable lesson about patience
icon_smile.gif

-Gary

Exactly Gary.

Not having access to such stores means getting the best deal I can via the internet, so I am going to buy all those I think I need now and then pick up any others at my leisure.

Cheers

Tony

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back