Original Tie Pilot Chest Box ..Where are they?

Here’s an interesting find. This was shown in a Star Wars exhibit in Seattle a few years ago. Looks like the same painted over hero helmet (posted by gordietrooper above) paired with an interesting chestbox

-ribs
-two flipped rockers
-black square decal bottom left in white box

CD7423D6-4C6D-47F6-A1F4-520B0B91A42C.jpeg

171A0F70-DB14-4375-A3C8-2677364D17E0.jpeg

If you look closely at this pic posted earlier it looks like it may have the black square decal (the way the light reflects ) same box?

87589F36-D290-4393-9CDF-AAC21C9298C2.jpeg

What has been getting me is that I haven't been able to find anyone selling, or any 3D files for, the flat ANH rockers -- just the angled ROTJ rockers. When I have time to sit down with Fusion 360, I'll probably build some models for functional flat rockers, but at the moment it's annoying.

Meanwhile, I haven't been able to track down any hints of the rest of the production-used boxes. Still digging.

EDIT: Took another look at the maker you referenced -- I know his. They're good for static, but I want working rockers. There are files for working angled rockers, but none for flat.

Last edited:
EDIT: Took another look at the maker you referenced -- I know his. They're good for static, but I want working rockers. There are files for working angled rockers, but none for flat.

Well the rocker switches are accurately shaped, you'd need to maybe add additional material to the backside of it but you can make them functional.

Well the rocker switches are accurately shaped, you'd need to maybe add additional material to the backside of it but you can make them functional.
I know. It's what I'm intending to do -- just was wishing someone had gotten round to it already, since I don't know when I'll have time to sit down and design one. I'm building a 181st pilot build for a friend, and functional switches is a thing I'm designing in for fans and sound. The "rib revelations" of this thread have sent be back to the drawing board for the main body, and, frankly, I'm delighted. :) So there's no time pressure, but given how much I scratch-build or print, it's nice when I can source a plug-n-play component elsewhere.

So to try and get this back on track...

we’ve got pics of the two LFL boxes:
-red square
-Seattle

and the prop store box

Are there any other production made chess boxes out there?

I'm building a 181st pilot build for a friend, and functional switches is a thing I'm designing in for fans and sound.
BTW. You could make the red dots out of translucent plastic instead of paint, so that a LED could shine through.
I once did that for a X-wing chestbox, intending things to light up momentarily when a button gets pressed, but I never installed any LED.

I'm more taken aback that it's still in the ANH config.

kind of...no third hose but it does have the flipped rockers. It’s kind of a hybrid.

As for switches, lights and 181st do-dads there’s plenty of such info on the 501st JRS board, Google, or perhaps start a different thread. This thread is for research into the original chest boxes..let’s try to stay on topic :)

So just to recap...as far as currently known original Tie Pilot chest boxes:

Two LFL display boxes:
D19A2A28-E483-448D-A360-A9D1F4C99350.jpeg

And the one shown by the Propstore:

3AD7503A-B2EC-4DA3-A488-78DA9D3E8BF3.jpeg

So assuming there were 14 chestboxes made to accompany each helmet made for production..let’s say 2 chest boxes were converted to At-At Driver boxes (like the helmets) that leaves 9 unaccounted for Tie Pilot chest boxes...anyone know of any not mentioned here? It’s strange ALL the production made Tie helmets are accounted for (see my thread on those HERE ) yet so few chestboxes (and armor for that matter) are known.

Figured I’d use this rare pic as an excuse to bump this..where are the chestboxes

96EDD396-2B0D-4647-B874-209ABABE37D8.jpeg

Attachments

• FD06A8DA-CD6B-400E-9407-871E877CBBB9.png
    FD06A8DA-CD6B-400E-9407-871E877CBBB9.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 112

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back