Original Predator Style Head Build 2013

sculptor01

this is the sculpt almost done...
photo2_zps6537b38a.jpg

photo1_zps195078a3.jpg

man the detail is INSANE. How did you get that texture on the top of the head?! I've been trying to do that kind of effect on my sculpt and i can't seem to get it right.

hey, thanks, yeah...

I'm gonna knock the details back a little before i cast, just a tiny bit and then a little will be lost in casting as its gonna be latex but I just hope that the level of detail but quite fine will help is look really real and come to life when painted...

photo3_zps635f928b.jpg

Very nice sculpt.  I'd love to see some earlier shots in the build.  Details on how you went about building up the shapes, the armature used, etc.  (y)

I do have some pics of it being earlier somewhere on a usb. As for the armature, no doubt you'll see it in all its beauty when its ripped apart after moulding, its basically a few scrap pieces of wood screwed together to make a base and a giant lump of expanded foam... not very tech I'm afraid, no head cast or busts just a wonky lump of foam :) 
 oh I did a cling-film and sellotape thing (same technique as people building duct-tape dummies) to get the shape of my neck/shoulders before putting plaster bandage on it and then the piping for the neck area buts thats as advanced as I got.

dread, just a couple of layers of corrugated card, coated in latex then plaster over it, sand down and added a thin layer of wed clay to get some texture on there. Will cast in silicone and pour in pigmented soft foam... oh and will sculpt dread rings after too..
n_zps3b82baf8.jpg

Hey everyone, I've tried a couple of dreads with a couple of different foams from MBFG but nothing is quite right. Anyone able to suggest a good material from the uk? 
thanks...

hey thanks for that just found them, called techsil over here, it looks like the product might be a little different at first glance but their US site even has a google image link that is a pred head so I'm sure they can tell me which is closest to the 265 you've mentioned and how I might be able to get hold of it. Thanks so much for the lead :)

Hey thank you, started the dividing wall, deceivingly time consuming even after everything else. He looks a bit of a gimp without teeth but you get the picture...

Oh note to anyone whose seen that dreadlock start above, thats an example of what not to do    :D  o_O  yeah definately less curve, especially towards the bottom. Remaking them tomorrow.

*what a ,,,(wait for it) lurning curve!*  :)

divwall1_zpse78a3faf.jpg

thanks so much guys I wanted a strong start to my suit although im sure I'll lose patience with this level of detail over a full body. Still looking for a good dread foam in the U.K if anyone has any further suggestions, thank you :) 

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back