Original 1977 ANH Stormtrooper Armor and Helmet

Ha ,

I completely agree too. I thought I was in the other thread when I posted those last posts! :lol

Back OT ...... As you were............:)

I agree too Chris - removed my post - hope the thread goes back to discussing the new find

Hi Brian,

I din't mean we should erase Ainsworth from the history books I just meant we shouldn't dwell on him :lol

Possibly you could post that info you posted into the thread about the facts about the original stormtrooper thread for any folks that want to see it. If it isn't there already.

Just whilst we are looking to get things back on the positive in the thread.

If this turns out to be a succesful trooper run and the forum members get sorted out for some helmets and armour who is doing what?

I am going to go for a full on Sandtrooper with weathering and backpack.

Cheers Chris

@ Si-Man

Could you confirm the exact material of the helmet and the armour?

TM hinted on the Prop Den that the suit was Styrene and the helmet could have been LDPE or PPE. Despite what anyone here thinks of TM he has an incredible eye for detail and has formed in every material out there on his own former. HDPE has entered the public consciousness but no-one has ever actually offered any solid proof of this. The Pantone shade of the original stunt helmets has NEVER been a stock colour in HDPE ( I have checked with multiple suppliers and 'old boys'who were around then) and I doubt that AA would have been ordering special colours for ponds - I may be wrong but it seems strange...

It would be interesting to have a definitive answer to this question...

Thanks

Joe

Hi Joe,

Well I for one really like Paul Troopermaster he is a great guy and up until today hadn't realised he was banned :(

One thing I would say SiMan is depending on the material you choose take your time and get the helmets looking right because they will be hard to form. Don't feel under pressure to get the helmet out there because of us lot :)

I would rather wait an age and get it right than rush it.

Cheers Chris

Hi Clutch,

Not sure if you are surprised I like Paul or surprised I didn't know he was banned?

It must have been during one of my prop forum lulls. I put it down to work the family and old age :)

Cheers Chris

I am glad I have been following this thread. I am with all the rest, waiting patiently for the outcome.

I respect Brian's decision to remove his post, but I am happy I was able to read it:)

Look forward to more pics:thumbsup

Hi Clutch,

Not sure if you are surprised I like Paul or surprised I didn't know he was banned?

It must have been during one of my prop forum lulls. I put it down to work the family and old age :)

Cheers Chris

I need more rest. I misread that and thought you meant that HE didn't know he was banned. :lol

Hey guys

OK, we have been working away on this project, working through the fine details and finishing the helmet to our satisfaction. We have been assisted by a number of great, great troopers on our jorney, but I am glad to say we are nearing the end as far as the helmet replicas are concerned.

Here are some photos of the original helmet and our replica. This is how the finished helmets will be.

DSC02056.jpg

DSC02057.jpg

DSC02058.jpg

DSC02059.jpg

DSC02060.jpg

Here are some shots with original and replica parts interchanged from our previous helmet pull (which was overtrimmed on the left side) Also please note the brow trim on these photos is incorrect, but they show how well the copies and original sit together.

DSC01979.jpg

DSC01980.jpg

DSC01978.jpg

DSC01981.jpg

Wow! Simply outstanding! (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

ANH as it was intended with no alterations or removal of mould details and exactly like the original. I think the Stormtrooper world is going to have a huge shake up!

Hands down the best ANH we have ever seen, thank you for offering this.

Joe

This is without doubt THE best ANH helmet ever offered.

It has all the details, warts, kinks, blah, blahs that are present on the original.

Nothing held back.

These guys, Si and Rob and thd rest of the team have listened and taken on all the critisms and advice thrown at them and created the definitive ANH helmet.

Congrats boys. You should be proud of yourselves and give yourself a pat on the back.

Now you just need to make a **** load more.......:lol

:thumbsup

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back