Optimus Prime Ion Blaster

xioulong

I've always wanted a replica of Optimus Prime's Ion rifle. Well, I finally have one in the works and thought I'd post a few WIPs. The next step will be putting in some lighting when the trigger is pulled. It's based off of the Masterpiece Primes rifle. I liked this one because I think it best resembles the gun from the cartoon. I took a little artistic license of my own as well with rounding off the end of the barrel and a little color on the circuit board. I hope everyone enjoys the pics.

I guess great minds think alike. Like I said in your thread, I like some of the techniques you used. Those cones were murder for me.

I finally got the lighting set up for the gun. Here's a few pics of the process. It's nothing fancy, but it works. I took a $5 LED flashlight and removed the button switch from the housing. I had to replace the button switch with a 1/8" thick piece of sintra to keep the spring in place. I drilled a hole through the sintra for the wire that will connect to the spring on the negative end. I found a spare piece of metal and used that to make a connector for the wire to the positive end. I found a pipe connector that fit the flashlight and fit into the gun. Ran the wires to the trigger and now I have my ion beam. Decepticons beware.

Thanks guys. I'm currently sanding the gun again for re-painting. It took a little beating at Otakon. While I do that, I've started my next project. The Holdt R4 Pitbull from Just Cause 2. I'll put up some pics of that build soon.

Sorry, so long to reply. I didn't count the hours to get her finished but it did take about 2.5 weeks to get it ready for the convention. I'd really say 3 weeks since I'm sanding and repainting it to get the paint job just right (at least to my liking). I have started a prop page on facebook for those that would like to get one. If you put in CS4Props, it will take you to my page. Just email me and I'll shoot you a quote. I don't want to upset the rpf guys and start selling here. I have more pics on that site. But whether you'd like to buy one or not, please stop by and see what I have. I look forward to any feedback.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back