Foundation Prime Radiant

I'm going on a tangent here but since we're among Foundation fans, have you guys ever seen the 3D model of Hari Seldon's statue? And/ or a rough idea of how much time it would take to model. I have tried AI tools converting pictures to 3D model but we are not there yet unfortunately.

I'm going on a tangent here but since we're among Foundation fans, have you guys ever seen the 3D model of Hari Seldon's statue? And/ or a rough idea of how much time it would take to model. I have tried AI tools converting pictures to 3D model but we are not there yet unfortunately.
You could probably do it in Blender.

Thank you, but you are greatly overestimating my Blender skills :lol: Last time I tried a simple model on Blender, it was so hell to export it into a 3D-printable format that I just redid the whole thing on Fusion360
(btw I didn't say it in my initial post but your radiant looks really fantastic, a pleasure to see)

Thank you, but you are greatly overestimating my Blender skills :lol: Last time I tried a simple model on Blender, it was so hell to export it into a 3D-printable format that I just redid the whole thing on Fusion360
(btw I didn't say it in my initial post but your radiant looks really fantastic, a pleasure to see)
Thank you for the compliment.

What about a more organic type sculpting took like Sculptors?

You could probably do it in Blender.
renaissance_man is spot on. Blender actually has fairly robust "clay-like" sculpting tools these days. It's not Zbrush or Mudbox by any stretch (yet) but from what I've been told by those who have tried the Blender sculpting tools, you can get pretty far. (Just don't try to raise the polygon count to over 10-ish million. Blender will start to chug and struggle, even on a very fast rig.)

I don't know what kind of model you were doing catiuso but exporting to STL from Blender is super-easy, at least with the latest version.

Thank you for your answer! Do you have the name of the Blender tool top of mind?
Well I did a simple extrusion of a Bézier curve (so I did the curve, filled it, then extruded it) and then removed a parallelepiped piece from it. But because it is mesh-based, the piece was not properly "filled", like there were random empty sub-surfaces or on the contrary some segments created between 2 points that shouldn't be there. I was soooo much more of a breeze and simpler on Fusion360 (caveat: I was new to both Blender and Fusion360 back then, just used SolidWorks in another life)

Thank you for your answer! Do you have the name of the Blender tool top of mind?
Well I did a simple extrusion of a Bézier curve (so I did the curve, filled it, then extruded it) and then removed a parallelepiped piece from it. But because it is mesh-based, the piece was not properly "filled", like there were random empty sub-surfaces or on the contrary some segments created between 2 points that shouldn't be there. I was soooo much more of a breeze and simpler on Fusion360 (caveat: I was new to both Blender and Fusion360 back then, just used SolidWorks in another life)
Maybe best taken in PM so as not to mess up this thread but it kinda sounds like you're applying solid-modeling think to mesh-modeling, which doesn't always work! (Maybe you didn't actually freeze the solid into a mesh.)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back