Opinions on Etsy seller

kuato2084

Hey Everyone,

Curious if anyone has bought from Etsy seller Independent1Trading ? Looks like he has decent stuff that I haven't seen anywhere else. Apologies if this is the wrong thread to ask this.

Looks like quite a few items taken from the free paper prop section here and selling them. I know there was an eBay seller who I can’t recall, that had similar stuff, so this may be the same person. I would suggest NOT supporting them as they are using the free stuff here to milk money out of others. Pretty lame!

This might be the guy who was selling our free paper props on eBay a while back. Name kind of rings a bell, but it might not be the same. He was selling one of mine and I called him out on it. He said that if I didn’t want it stolen I should have watermarked it.
Um, in the free paper prop section?
Ended my participating in that section of the forum.

This might be the guy who was selling our free paper props on eBay a while back. Name kind of rings a bell, but it might not be the same. He was selling one of mine and I called him out on it. He said that if I didn’t want it stolen I should have watermarked it.
Um, in the free paper prop section?
Ended my participating in that section of the forum.

That's sad. I feel like that part of the forum isn't as active as it used to be and I'm assuming it's because others are stopping for the same reason you stopped. I wonder if they updated it to limit access until you had a certain number of posts or only for premium members or something if it would cut down on the stealing a bit.

That's a bummer to hear. I understand the idea of the free paper shop thread. However, what are the recommendations if you do not have the means or equipment to make quality prints. For example, from what I found, it's not easy to print to newspaper stock unless you make some sort of run. What are the recommendation if you are only wanting one for your collection. Ideally, I want to support the original creator. Thanks for the input everyone!

That's a bummer to hear. I understand the idea of the free paper shop thread. However, what are the recommendations if you do not have the means or equipment to make quality prints. For example, from what I found, it's not easy to print to newspaper stock unless you make some sort of run. What are the recommendation if you are only wanting one for your collection. Ideally, I want to support the original creator. Thanks for the input everyone!
What type of items were you looking to buy from this seller? Perhaps people here can work something out with you and print things for you.

What type of items were you looking to buy from this seller? Perhaps people here can work something out with you and print things for you.

I was looking at a few items. I've been searching the forums and reaching out direct to some of the individuals who made the paper props here. Any ideas on the Coming to american and Beverly Hills Cop Wonder World money ?

Turns out the seller from Etsy is a member here as he refused to sell to the OP and quoted this thread as the reason. I’m wondering if it is because they fear shipping will give away their name, address and other details that can be used to narrow down who they are. Too bad as taking free paper props to sell is grounds for banning.

Etsy shop: Independent1Trading
eBay shop 1: Cullen7282
eBay shop 2: Cullen7282jr
Name in listing: “Jimi”
Names in store: “Teddy & Jon”
Location on eBay listings: Douglasville, Georgia
PayPal account name: Christina Cullen

Last edited:
Turns out the seller from Etsy is a member here as he refused to sell to the OP and quoted this thread as the reason.

*She. Funny, I actually purchased a Pulp Fiction Big Kahuna cup from this eBay seller last year. The name on my paypal transaction is: Christina Cullen. Not sure I can glean any other info from my transaction.

*She. Funny, I actually purchased a Pulp Fiction Big Kahuna cup from this eBay seller last year. The name on my paypal transaction is: Christina Cullen. Not sure I can glean any other info from my transaction.
Might be the wife’s account of Jon or Jimi or Teddy?

So good to see the sleuths in action here. Nice one folks. What a scummy thing to do stealing from creators. I'll be listening for the ban hammer
The best parts is the “disclaimer” in this description of every listing....

F70FC7D4-8289-461E-972D-083032C50563.jpeg

I've come close to unwittingly buying from thieves but searching the RPF is a great way to avoid that pitfall! Just about every prop I own came from a member here or through recommendations from members here.
I've had a ton of files on my computer from the free paper props section for years waiting for the day I can print them. (No printer or display space currently) Most of the files I had downloaded are broken or removed now, I don't blame folks for not sharing them much anymore.
I think making the FPP section premium only isn't a bad idea. (easy for me to say! ;) )

Thanks for the list of accounts Moviefreak

So then people would have to pay to be allowed to share free props? That'll definitely revive that section...

Stealing is wrong... in any form.

Ive seen many items on Etsy that were from thingverse...

I even just saw an Anovos helmet picture (from someone else's YouTube review of it) used to sell a 3D printed helmet, with no note saying the picture isnt of actual product.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back