Oil clay help

Khunez

I have my hands cast in Uc30 and im using chavant oil clay overtop that. Does anyone have any tips on getting the chavant to stick to the Uc30 hand better? seams like there should be a way. Thanks guys.

Maybe as an armature? All I can think of. If you try warming the clay up, I never have a problem getting it to stick to my plaster armatures if I warm it up so it's soft and slightly sticky.

Ah ...hahah ..I dont know why I thought he was in the molding process ... but yes ...warm up the clay
yea i life cast my hands with uc30. Im using a heat gun to heat it. Do you guys use something....uh...more easy. Heat gun will melt this stuff.

I keep a batch in a small pan ...then put a desk lamp above it with a heat bulb ( you can get one at a pet store in the reptile section..or some hardware stores sell them for bathrooms) it keeps my clay warm enough to work with

I keep a batch in a small pan ...then put a desk lamp above it with a heat bulb ( you can get one at a pet store in the reptile section..or some hardware stores sell them for bathrooms) it keeps my clay warm enough to work with

See, that's a badass simple little trick. We need a pinned tips and tricks thread with stuff just like that, simple little sculpting tricks and tips. AWESOME, George! Thanks!

i use a small crock pot .
one of those crock pots for dips from walmart for like 10 bucks.
you can get it real soupy then just paste it on.

I noticed when you heat the oil clay up real hot it liquefies. Can you poor oil clay into a mold by melting it? might be helpful in the future.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back