Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Could be differences in the product. There are several formulation of Neverwet, I use the "outdoors" version.

Not sure. The stuff I bought came in a blue squeeze bottle. I think it was made for outdoor canvas and the like. I just would not use it on my shoes. I am sure it great on a BBQ cover.

Yep, that's the one. And frankly, waxy-feeling or no. I would think very few people would ask to feel the shoe just wearing it around, so what does it really matter? Especially on a wear pair. I don't particularly go around touching my shoes all day, so it doesn't matter to me.

The stuff will repel pretty much any water-based substance. Including ketchup and chocolate syrup. And doesn't alter the appearance of the shoe. That's a win to me.

I guess you won't know until you buy some. The biggest concern is colour change and or oily residue. NEVERWET leaves the oily/waxy feel. Crep apparently turns parts yellow like the laces. I do spray my tongue and laces now with RE-ALIGN and have had no issues.

Yeah I could get some and test it on some other materials I guess to see. At the price it's worth a try and see as opposed to payin silly prices to get something from outside the uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those guys curious about the $200 offer, I just got an email from David.

It's the same message I got. But I keep asking if I can talk to David and I don't get his info from my contact "Joyce". When do you expect to receive your defect pair? Also who did you make the western union payment out to.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the same message I got. But I keep asking if I can talk to David and I don't get his info from my contact "Joyce". When do you expect to receive your defect pair? Also who did you make the western union payment out to.

Thank you

When I bought my 2 pairs of V3s, all communication was via that email. Yet not once with David. The names of the people were Rebecca and Martha.

What an amazing difference these little bits of black foam make. #arch_supports

7c45d7b7b656be2477e16d46361c3b37.jpg

We should rename this thread: "I just joined the RPF to order the V3's and I'm not going search anything and also I just want to waterproof them and I put insoles in them because there really isn't anything left to discuss with these"

And you've nailed it hard.

Truth is, we have asked for the closest possible replica to the real shoe as possible and we now have that. It seems the "be careful what you wish for" actually came true for us.

Apart from replacing the yellowing soles (or dying them, because it is easier) and dimming the overly bright LEDs (which don't bother me that much), what is there to mod on these anyway?

My wear pair may have died, but the display pair is fine and in time, I will get my US7 pair for a 1:1 display replica of the film shoe. I will then (carefully) wear the 2nd pair of US10s I have.

Wizard has made replacement soles. I have made new masters but have not molded or cast those yet because I am not 100% happy with them. So they will need to be re-done.

My lights don't work on my wear pair and and will never work again as I it seems I have broken wires inside the shoe as well having faulty batteries (which I have since removed and disposed of). The sellers on eBay that you provided links to, won't ship to Australia and the local batteries I can source here are 600mha, not 1000mha and no protection circuit. I have no intention of tearing this pair down because because if I do, chances are, I won't be able to replace the broken wire anyway and then I won't have a pair I can wear, so nothing to gain.

Water resisting, adding insoles (and maybe arches like I did this morning) is really all the average fan of these shoes can do anyway.

And your right, there have been a heap of newbies that came here just to get a cheaper pair of V3 MAGs. They signed up, bought their shoes and contributed absolutely nothing.

Correct me if I am wrong. These look like a really clean version of the V3 prototyping we've seen in the other MAG thread.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back