Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Mine worked i had to unplug the el panels and for a reason i can't explain, the EL strap and heel cups LEDs worked again \o/

Sounds like one of my shoes where the wires had rubbed back the insulation and shorted the copper. And this was just from walking!

Anyway, it looks like I have found a really neat "protective coating" for a wire loom. This stuff is an epoxy that is supposed to set rock hard and it does if is laminated onto a board or something similar. It won't go hard if cast and remains very flexible, especially when poured thin. This stuff is even more flexible than the rubber I made my clear soles from.
So now I am thinking it might be possible to embed the wire loom into this stuff with the copper bits sticking out the ends. If friction is the problem that breaks wires, then this just might be the solution for a tougher wiring loom.

Had a movie event at my church this weekend and I heard they were going to have a DeLorean there so of course I had to waear my Mags. Got a TON of reactions. It's also amazing to see how big of a jump it was from the V2.

View attachment 764658
Those other MAGs are HC, not V2. The V2 is not that bad, just a more chunky version. The HCs would be okay as a base if they were at least an inch taller.

Last edited:
I might have found a fix for the badly manufactured EL panels, Vynel is exactly like elastolite (lighting products used on Tron Legacy costumes), much cheaper than elastolite for the panels, i don't have the informations yet about what the inverters cost.
They're willing to do any shape of panels i saw in a video, so it could maybe be a good news for us. :)

I might have found a fix for the badly manufactured EL panels, Vynel is exactly like elastolite (lighting products used on Tron Legacy costumes), much cheaper than elastolite for the panels, i don't have the informations yet about what the inverters cost.
They're willing to do any shape of panels i saw in a video, so it could maybe be a good news for us. :)

Interesting find. Please keep us updated.

I will run some tests in the coming days with the stuff I have found and report back soon.

Hey guys, I have been thinking about buying a pair of the threes but the investment is very big for me. If I'm going to spend that much money, I want to make sure at least the shoes fit me well. I wear an 11.5 all the time. I am wondering whether I should go with an 11 or 12. Part of me wants to play it safe and go with the 12, but I also hate when shoes are too big. Please help me out based on your experiences!

Hey guys, I have been thinking about buying a pair of the threes but the investment is very big for me. If I'm going to spend that much money, I want to make sure at least the shoes fit me well. I wear an 11.5 all the time. I am wondering whether I should go with an 11 or 12. Part of me wants to play it safe and go with the 12, but I also hate when shoes are too big. Please help me out based on your experiences!

To be honest. They dont really fit like a conventional shoe.
As the heel area sticks further back than a normal shoe, you get more space on toe area, and most of them are probably half a size bigger, but not sure on the smaller sizes.

Take your Nike shoes size, it will fit.

Could anybody give me the mesurements of the EL panels of V3s please (if possible in centimeters) Thankies !

Take your Nike shoes size, it will fit.

Could anybody give me the mesurements of the EL panels of V3s please (if possible in centimeters) Thankies !
130mm or 13cm
83f4b19be5899043c7d6f1abcc086ef3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I also have a .dxf file if that is better and can email that to you. Tapatalk is glitching right now, so I can't attach the JPEG.

I found they fit similar to a basketball shoe where I wear a US 10. I did buy a pair of 9.5's as well, as I usually wear 9.5's in running shoes, but they seemed slightly tight for me. Not tight enough to be uncomfortable, but I found the 10's better for me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back