Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

What can you notice from the soles? Are yellow or are transparent, I want to send some that have the sole of almost yellow color and say that there is no more in transparent :cry

What can you notice from the soles? Are yellow or are transparent, I want to send some that have the sole of almost yellow color and say that there is no more in transparent :cry

They never were clear. The rubber used here is called "TRANS-AMBER" meaning transparent amber (or yellowish). It is used because it is hard wearing, strong and very flexible, but it is not UV stable or water clear, so even the "clear" soles will turn nasty quite quickly once exposed to UV light.

Buy these $ 399 even if you do not see difference in the leds, I am interested in sending me the correct and transparent soles as it appears in the photos of the publication, you do not buy a white car and they send you a yellow one. Let's wait for the new photos to be sent tomorrow.

Buy these $ 399 even if you do not see difference in the leds, I am interested in sending me the correct and transparent soles as it appears in the photos of the publication, you do not buy a white car and they send you a yellow one. Let's wait for the new photos to be sent tomorrow.

Wish for clears all you like. You won't get them. The only thing that might happen is that they change the colour temp of the camera and they look more blue in the photos.

That is why Wizzard was selling his replacement soles and soon I will be too. I was doing clears for the V2s and the latest versions of those are water clear, even after 2 years. I'll use the same polyurethane to make these. The difference will be that I will use the original part to make a new master, so there should be no splitting issues like occured with the V2s.

yeah, we who wear ours find the soles are yellowing. I got the 'updated version' most recently, and their soles were clearer, they may have been from a newer batch. But they will still become yellow the more light they see. That's why at the moment my ones are in their box in an unlighted room. It's just putting it off as long as possible.
I can vouch for Cavx's replacement soles on my V2's, they are still completely clear.
I did get a pair of V3 clear soles from WizardBTTF a while back, but haven't installed them yet as I felt my wear pair were not yellow enough or worn down enough to replace just yet. Will update with pics when I eventually do it.

I am sure they will do it. It sometimes just takes a bit of time to sirt it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
All we know at this point is there is one v3 shoe that has power lacing. It's not made by David, it's the same shoe making the rounds, and there's no trusted seller for it yet. Is that about correct?

Last edited:
Anyway, all shoes that have power lace are fake*

*I explain: in the movie "Back to the Future 2" when Marty MCFly puts the shoe, the power lace is at "2 places" on the shoe.
And if you look good, power lace is very fast.

marty_mcfly.gif

14.jpg

So even if a pair of shoe came out on the market, they would remain absolutely false :)
The goal being to have a 99% true shoe as in the movie :p

Even the 89 pairs of shoes edited by "Nike" are fake as well.
They have only "1 power lace" in one place.

It is enough someone find a solution for the 2nd place of power lace (That is to say at the ankle) and after, the shoes will earn gold :p

Last edited:
Anyway, all shoes that have power lace are fake*

*I explain: in the movie "Back to the Future 2" when Marty MCFly puts the shoe, the power lace is at "2 places" on the shoe.
And if you look good, power lace is very fast.

View attachment 750961

View attachment 750953

So even if a pair of shoe came out on the market, they would remain absolutely false :)
The goal being to have a 99% true shoe as in the movie :p

Even the 89 pairs of shoes edited by "Nike" are fake as well.
They have only "1 power lace" in one place.

It is enough someone find a solution for the 2nd place of power lace (That is to say at the ankle) and after, the shoes will earn gold :p

Not sure if the ankle strap could ever be automatic or as fast as the movie the way it is. (the buckle couldn't handle the stress in the current model.)
Sure, it'd be nice to have MAGS that did exactly what they did in the movie, but flying cars would be even better, since they were in the movie too ;)
I'm happy with my V3's. Close enough's good enough in this case. I just wish the uppers (around the toe mostly) had less framing material in them. They wouldn't crinkle up so much with use then. (like the Nike Roshe)

mi idea
make a buckle magnetic that snaps into place like real strong and fast and as soon as it snaps into place the laces start to activate. when you pull the buckle off, th3 laces open automatically

mi idea
make a buckle magnetic that snaps into place like real strong and fast and as soon as it snaps into place the laces start to activate. when you pull the buckle off, th3 laces open automatically
Neodymium magnets could work here. They are both strong and small.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back