Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Maybe give we never see yellow or red illuminated on screen.
They probably had a use for the scrapped slam ball scene. There may have been plans to show the lights go from green to yellow to red and have a comical scene where Marty falls from a wall or ceiling. Since we only see the green LEDs lit up they most definitely were to signify charge. Having them all lit up for the 2011 and 2016 releases were probably just so they looked cooler.

The V2 was a half decent shoe that could be worn right out of the box or modded.

The HCs are cheap, but they also puffy and require a heap of work to make them look any good.

V3 is just near perfect out of box. Sure they cost more but there is next to no modding needed.

Anyone still sell the V2's? Or Who sells the V3's? I haven't seen many sellers out there. Besides airmagman.

Anybody know where the “sports version” of the mag is found that is legit? I see multiple listings on eBay when you search, “Back To The Future Shoes” and they are typically 70 is this true? I also understand they don’t have the Nike symbol?

Anybody know where the “sports version” of the mag is found that is legit? I see multiple listings on eBay when you search, “Back To The Future Shoes” and they are typically 70 is this true? I also understand they don’t have the Nike symbol?
that's right the 'Sports' version doesn't have the 'swoosh' glued on or any 'nike mag' writing on the back.

that's right the 'Sports' version doesn't have the 'swoosh' glued on or any 'nike mag' writing on the back.
It also has stitching on the strap and the top of the collar is made from a different material.

They are normally more expensive than the HCs even though they come from the same factory.

So if you don't want to pay the V3 price, but want shoes taller than the HC, then sports MAGs might be a viable option.

I don't think you will find V2s anymore.

Alright then where is the best place to find them? There are so many listings how will I know which one to purchase from? eBay, wish, dhgate?
That is the problem. For those of us that got into the MAG thing from the beginning had go to sellers. Now we really don't. There are guys on IG selling V3 for $399.

My first pair was a MP MAG from Mark Poon. Good communication and he delivered.

V1s were a bit sketchy but they did arrive.

For V2, we had Karen Chen. She was not the cheapest out there, but she was consistent and she also delivered.

For V3, we initially used David.

Now we don't really know who we are dealing with and so there is risk that you might not be sent the product you want.

Your safest bet for more cost effective end is HC MAGs.

I understand that the Halloween Costumes used to have the lines on the side of the shoes and were a bit taller than before. What happend to them? They used to look great with the MP kit added now even with the kit they are extremely puffy and stuff.

Original HCs had ribs and now they have smooth sides. I don't think they are any taller.

Most people take photos from the floor up, which makes them look taller.

They are a good inch too short.

Whatever happened to Karen Chen?

Maybe she made the money she wanted to or maybe she just burned out. She sold a lot of these shoes and there was a video showing the pick up and delivery process from factory to reseller.

As the reseller, she was responsible for posting the shoes. Given everyone wants free shipping and cheaper shoes...

They probably had a use for the scrapped slam ball scene. There may have been plans to show the lights go from green to yellow to red and have a comical scene where Marty falls from a wall or ceiling. Since we only see the green LEDs lit up they most definitely were to signify charge. Having them all lit up for the 2011 and 2016 releases were probably just so they looked cooler.
What looks cool is to have red, yellow and green LEDs connected in series. As the battery runs down, the green LEDs go out first, then yellow and finally red.
And that is how these MAGs should have been wired.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back