OdiWan72´s prop family

Need your input gentlemen…

i recently finished my vibroaxe and want to put it up on the wall

my idea is to mount it to a MDF board, that will be painted like oxidized iron/ copper

the question is…shall I attach the VA at a slight angle or straight??? I am currently preferring angled, but I am torn

what do you guys think???

0FEB9917-3C1B-4CB0-9B17-B421D656C383.jpeg
5FB2BC0E-CB9C-4192-9A5F-2869EC04A8A3.jpeg

This is weird, but my vote is for angled. In the movie we see the guard holding it at an angle from strong camera angles above and below. Putting it at an angle can subconsciously invoke the angsty feeling of being at the precipice of that execution, as you're literally picturing the guard standing behind Luke with his axe at that exact angle.

I like posing my lightsabers on wooden stands because it reminds me of Obi Wan's trunk and the saber laying sideways. I've always wanted a trunk with lift-out racks of saber hilts.

Need your input gentlemen…

i recently finished my vibroaxe and want to put it up on the wall

my idea is to mount it to a MDF board, that will be painted like oxidized iron/ copper

the question is…shall I attach the VA at a slight angle or straight??? I am currently preferring angled, but I am torn

what do you guys think???

View attachment 1485713View attachment 1485714
Angled! Looks fantastic, great job!

Started the display board…tried to mimic the panels of the skiff, as seen in Chris‘ screenshot

since it‘s all handcut, it‘s far from perfect…but perfect for weathering and a few blast marks ;)

4983F4E0-A384-444B-AF6F-B390A10DDF39.jpeg

another WIP picture…

98A584F5-5C5C-4058-A7EC-4A4EE90D2626.jpeg

Last edited:
Horizontal. Because, well, then you can change it to vertical!
Valid point, but I just have one spot in my mancave to put up this panel…horizontally.

so all I can tweak is the way the VA attaches to the board

Will finish the panel first and post some pics before I drill the final holes for the VA mounts

Looks good! Man that Webley looks absolutely tiny next to the MGs! I had to stop and think for a sec whether MR made a scaled version then it occurred to me it was full size and wasn't done up like a Fett blaster!

Looks good! Man that Webley looks absolutely tiny next to the MGs! I had to stop and think for a sec whether MR made a scaled version then it occurred to me it was full size and wasn't done up like a Fett blaster!
Yep…that‘s my spare Webley, that I will convert into the touring blaster eventually

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back