Blaster Factory BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubsANDdoggers

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don’t know what to write here or even where to begin. So let me just start with this video which I believe says it all..

Just so it’s clear I previously had no issue originally with BF using my designed parts (old and inaccurate at that). In fact there was a point in time I was an open book for him while he was creating his dl-44 parts. But that was a long time ago and this now isn’t right.

Let me be clear about what I'm saying.

These parts and the one specifically featured in this video were originally created by myself and more importantly they have not been altered what so ever since. Nothing has been changed and they are not like the Master Replica in detail either. Similar yes but I’ve never owned the Han MR. I’ve only ever seen pictures. I do however remember ever detail and why I created them as they are though. I was still figuring out 3d printing tolerances and wasn’t sure how much detail could be captured. It was still a brand new adventure for me. YET someone else is now blatantly taking full credit for their creation. It’s also these same inaccuracies I added that ultimately show the truth.

It’s not by mistake or oversight either on his part. It’s done deliberately. I know this because I respectfully reached out back in Dec 2020 (7 months before this YouTube video was originally posted) when I noticed he was still selling them.

At the time I simply was asking for acknowledgment if he was going to continue to use them. Not only did he dismiss me (rudely I might add) but as you see he goes on to claim that he actually made them himself. Saying he copied the MR. Clearly he has never noticed these said discrepancies in the design. After I saw this video I was very upset and reached out right away.

This time not asking him for credit but for him NOT to sell any 1:1 part I designed that he uses that he hasn’t changed. As much as I wanted to out him at the time I sat patiently to see if he would do the right thing. I thought he did but on March 8th 2022 I went on eBay searching dl-44’s and stumbled across his listing which lead me back to his Blaster Factory page.

BF is very open about using a scanner to do most of his work. If he scanned the MR for this greeblie then why does it look exactly like my old inaccurate one? Why does it not have 7 fins like the MR? And more importantly why is he lying when he knows he didn’t create them..

Now the listings. As of todays post (3/11/22) they are all still active fyi..
EF66042F-B098-4678-810E-D8D22218257F.png

eBay

#4 being used here

#5 #6 being used here

#2 being used here

#1 #2 #3 being used here

#5 being used here

#3 #5 being used here

#1 #2 #3 being used here

#5 being used here

Blaster factory

#4 being used here

#3 being used here

#5 being used here

#4 being used here

”Denix basic painted” #1 #2 being used here

I’ll leave you with one of the last reply’s I received from him. Almost 9 months ago as of today..
3C02087A-067F-48C4-885F-04AC7B0AD8E3.jpeg

Clearly he hasn’t and clearly he doesn’t care. So since he continues to sell and take credit for parts he did not create this is simply to set the record straight.

Believe me when I say I don’t want any BS or drama from this. Its one of the main reasons I’ve put off saying anything at all or why I even hesitant to hit “post thread” even now to make this public. But if I don’t say anything clearly he won’t either..

God Speed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the FYI and that'll give me the opportunity not to buy anything from him:mad: Your post is a great resource for our members/future members as not to do business with this kind of individual.(y)

I don’t know what to write here or even where to begin. So let me just start with this video which I believe says it all..
View attachment 1555189

Just so it’s clear I previously had no issue originally with BF using my designed parts (old and inaccurate at that). In fact there was a point in time I was an open book for him while he was creating his dl-44 parts. But that was a long time ago and this now isn’t right.

Let me be clear about what I'm saying.

These parts and the one specifically featured in this video were originally created by myself and more importantly they have not been altered what so ever since. Nothing has been changed and they are not like the Master Replica in detail either. Similar yes but I’ve never owned the Han MR. I’ve only ever seen pictures. I do however remember ever detail and why I created them as they are though. I was still figuring out 3d printing tolerances and wasn’t sure how much detail could be captured. It was still a brand new adventure for me. YET someone else is now blatantly taking full credit for their creation. It’s also these same inaccuracies I added that ultimately show the truth.

It’s not by mistake or oversight either on his part. It’s done deliberately. I know this because I respectfully reached out back in Dec 2020 (7 months before this YouTube video was originally posted) when I noticed he was still selling them.

At the time I simply was asking for acknowledgment if he was going to continue to use them. Not only did he dismiss me (rudely I might add) but as you see he goes on to claim that he actually made them himself. Saying he copied the MR. Clearly he has never noticed these said discrepancies in the design. After I saw this video I was very upset and reached out right away.

This time not asking him for credit but for him NOT to sell any 1:1 part I designed that he uses that he hasn’t changed. As much as I wanted to out him at the time I sat patiently to see if he would do the right thing. I thought he did but on March 8th 2022 I went on eBay searching dl-44’s and stumbled across his listing which lead me back to his Blaster Factory page.

BF is very open about using a scanner to do most of his work. If he scanned the MR for this greeblie then why does it look exactly like my old inaccurate one? Why does it not have 7 fins like the MR? And more importantly why is he lying when he knows he didn’t create them..

Now the listings. As of todays post (3/11/22) they are all still active fyi..View attachment 1555204

eBay

#4 being used here

#5 #6 being used here

#2 being used here

#1 #2 #3 being used here

#5 being used here

#3 #5 being used here

#1 #2 #3 being used here

#5 being used here

Blaster factory

#4 being used here

#3 being used here

#5 being used here

#4 being used here

”Denix basic painted” #1 #2 being used here

I’ll leave you with one of the last reply’s I received from him. Almost 9 months ago as of today..View attachment 1555192

Clearly he hasn’t and clearly he doesn’t care. So since he continues to sell and take credit for parts he did not create this is simply to set the record straight.

Believe me when I say I don’t want any BS or drama from this. Its one of the main reasons I’ve put off saying anything at all or why I even hesitant to hit “post thread” even now to make this public. But if I don’t say anything clearly he won’t either..

God Speed.
LOL Thanks for tagging me in this ,,, This behind the back crap show what kind of person YOU are . YOU called down the thunder well its here Mr. dl44 super dude and now the Fieldmarshal is here .............. For starters I don't see where you give credit for anything to anyonethat helped you including me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have been vulture to others work and techniques for years without giving any acknowledgement!!! Should i rip your head off for coping my scope mount anh?? you were still doing a MastersRep knockoff before me..
.(AND! yes i do have your 3d prints old and new and many generations of them i support my fellow friends builds and products)
How about the compact scope? how about the m19 the list goes on and on. You dont live in a vacuum..... I see your builds too, and often wonder how you get the detail from vintage parts that you can only have if you owned or had access too the real stuff or your coping others work????. btw nice merrsonn build, do you own those light covers you replicated? list goes on and on blah blah blah
Where are your references and vintage item you replicate for these props ???? where are your build blogs other than finished shapeways plastic parts on a denix created on other peoples software????
There is generations of builders and evolution of the parts and props that you created you 3d prints from with out owning a single vintage part ! at least I've never seen you have one ?
WE ,, that is ME and you used to talk and work together on stuff everyday just like i still do with many builders and prop guy from all over the globe.........
YOU did not invent that greeblies it was done by some others year before you... Pure FREAKING AROGANCE to take credit for the things your doing... WE all copy the screen props. Some do it better than others using real stuff some copy others work and become excellent customers to shapeways

For the rpf members who don't know me I would very much like for you to look at my build blogs and sites.. My processes are not hidden and the i make everything on own CNC machines in the USA.. My research and the people that help are all in those build threads and on my Facebook... without them it would not be possible ..

Go here see for your self the vintage parts ,,, the laser scanning,,, the in house cad cam design... MasterCam , solid works, photoshop, ect
I actually own my own software and do this in house !!!! Check the REAL vintage parts i use to create screen accurate replicas and then cnc them into existence in METAL. You will see from my fantastic collection of REAL vintage parts that that im sharing a bit of history in these builds with my customers
Blaster factory is not a hack website and there is information for phone contact and customer service. not a back yard hack job

NEXT Since you have made this public im going to make it bloody, im sharing this load of bs with all this other in the community and we will get to the bottom of who does thing legit and who is a recaster shapeways hackoff that wished he had cnc machining ability and the $$$$ to buy real props to do it right . Remember this is the road you choose to go down....

Final NOTE builders like john make thing drama, i do this for fun to escape from the day to day normal and enjoy my favorite movies pass time. lol

HOLY CRAP JON ............... MasterReplicas STOLE YOU DESIGNS !!!! WOW your amazing

IMG_0385.jpg

Last edited:
Yikes; that's more than a little disappointing to hear.
Yeah well
Thanks for the FYI and that'll give me the opportunity not to buy anything from him:mad: Your post is a great resource for our members/future members as not to do business with this kind of individual.(y)
Maybe you need to get to know this individual before passing judgement ( ME ) . My build processes are public and detailed and we do this stuff in house, in metal from real vintage stuff. If anyone needs to see what i do and HOW my shop works is open anytime for tour . I do my best to take the builder magic and the drama from the prop builders that have taken advantage of the public and put every design and machining step into the builds in REAL time . Jon is not the guru in this story line, dozens of real honest to goodness talented people have supplied the information that jon claims to have innovated . most on the rpf .... Don't be disappointed come check out what I do and who i am before letting one guy be judge and jury!!! The opportunity not to buy from my builds is being stolen from You by a bitter wanna be... the sad thing is that jon is dragging his followers into this petty bs , but Im am not going to let him continue with this crap. he says these thing behind my back . Come see how its really done, if fact anyone who would like a over the phone or video face to face i would love the opportunity to show anyone who and what i am and do !!! 3
LOL Thanks for tagging me in this ,,, This behind the back crap show what kind of person YOU are . YOU called down the thunder well its here Mr. dl44 super dude and now the Fieldmarshal is here .............. For starters I don't see where you give credit for anything to anyonethat helped you including me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have been vulture to others work and techniques for years without giving any acknowledgement!!! Should i rip your head off for coping my scope mount anh?? you were still doing a MastersRep knockoff before me..
.(AND! yes i do have your 3d prints old and new and many generations of them i support my fellow friends builds and products)
How about the compact scope? how about the m19 the list goes on and on. You dont live in a vacuum..... I see your builds too, and often wonder how you get the detail from vintage parts that you can only have if you owned or had access too the real stuff or your coping others work????. btw nice merrsonn build, do you own those light covers you replicated? list goes on and on blah blah blah
Where are your references and vintage item you replicate for these props ???? where are your build blogs other than finished shapeways plastic parts on a denix created on other peoples software????
There is generations of builders and evolution of the parts and props that you created you 3d prints from with out owning a single vintage part ! at least I've never seen you have one ?
WE ,, that is ME and you used to talk and work together on stuff everyday just like i still do with many builders and prop guy from all over the globe.........
YOU did not invent that greeblies it was done by some others year before you... Pure FREAKING AROGANCE to take credit for the things your doing... WE all copy the screen props. Some do it better than others using real stuff some copy others work and become excellent customers to shapeways

For the rpf members who don't know me I would very much like for you to look at my build blogs and sites.. My processes are not hidden and the i make everything on own CNC machines in the USA.. My research and the people that help are all in those build threads and on my Facebook... without them it would not be possible ..

Go here see for your self the vintage parts ,,, the laser scanning,,, the in house cad cam design... MasterCam , solid works, photoshop, ect
I actually own my own software and do this in house !!!! Check the REAL vintage parts i use to create screen accurate replicas and then cnc them into existence in METAL. You will see from my fantastic collection of REAL vintage parts that that im sharing a bit of history in these builds with my customers
Blaster factory is not a hack website and there is information for phone contact and customer service. not a back yard hack job

NEXT Since you have made this public im going to make it bloody, im sharing this load of bs with all this other in the community and we will get to the bottom of who does thing legit and who is a recaster shapeways hackoff that wished he had cnc machining ability and the $$$$ to buy real props to do it right . Remember this is the road you choose to go down....

Final NOTE builders like john make thing drama, i do this for fun to escape from the day to day normal and enjoy my favorite movies pass time. lol

HOLY CRAP JON ............... MasterReplicas STOLE YOU DESIGNS !!!! WOW your amazing

View attachment 1555518

d printed stuff IS NOT THE WAY

Have a good day sorry to cut this short but Im machining the metal leia blaster today! (and yes jon i own a real Margolin pistol to replicate )

Here is a build blog with dozens of real project using real vintage sw heritage stuff
join me on FB i post daily cool stuff and jon is no where to be found while i build and replicate this stuff

Blaster Factory

I got more jon just say the word ill keep this up and bring all your crap to light

NEXT we are going to talk about your anh scope mount that you didnt have correct and the person ,, ME that got that going . after that we shall go into deep detail on many other items and pictures you have used from other without permission... Dont worry other are coming to join this little affair....

Perhaps I should have specified that I was more disappointed in the vitriol that seems to be on both sides more than anything else; I don't know enough about the intricacies of most parts to really weight in as to what is accurate or what isn't, so I would rather just stay out of the middle of this instead of being drawn into what seems to be a 'he said vs he said' situation.

All around this is just a disappointing outcome, regardless of how things happened to get this far. We all should be here because we enjoy what we do first and foremost; not at each other's throats.

Yea, this whole thing is really disappointing to see. The best scenarios around here usually involve specific replicated parts that are to be inspected for plagiarism. This thread started out with specific greeblies at fault and I was ready to educate myself on what's happening.

This unhinged response full of threats, capital letters, misspellings, question marks and what-about-ism is really unexpected and disheartening. If we're going to change the subject that quickly, this is going to go nowhere. It will probably be taken down or something if it turns into something of this manipulative nature.

Hello everyone, I just found this thread. I don’t want to get in the middle of things, but I happen to know FieldMarshal and I’ve been to his shop. I happen to know for a FACT, that the parts he creates are from actual vintage items. I have seen them in person. I have seen his operation, CAD machines, laser scanners, etc. He has always been helpful to me and is a good guy. Just my 2 cents.

Yes, thanks for the comment. I too know this - the parts in question aren't from vintage items, they were "close enough" approximations designed by a maker. Prints and casts of real pistons and stuff are a little different.... if it helps to keep things on topic?

This could become very petty.. very fast. So in all honesty I’m going to try and be as diplomatic as possible and not reply to any attacks or threats or accusations..

Even if you don’t believe me, at the very least you can see BF isn’t being fully honest in the video. ? He says he clearly copied the MR. He’s also not shy about his use of a laser scanner either. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing, I’m simply saying (and I could be wrong) laser scanners don’t usually make this kind of mistake. Do they?

Also of note he was kind enough to share (in this very thread) a picture of the Master Replica greeblie itself. Maybe it’s even from the one he actually owns. ? If you look closely it definitely has 7 fins. The one in question only has 6. (Among other subtle discrepancies mind you.. )

This post was created because he refuses to give credit to the person who actually created the greeblie in that YouTube video and the same one he continues to sell as of today 3/12/22.

As it’s become clearly obvious he never will.

In all honestly I don’t even care if one thinks I did or didn’t create this greeblie. It’s so petty. I honestly, truly get it. But it’s also wrong isn’t it? Blatantly taking credit for something he didn’t do. It’s sad that I have to say anything at all. But again if I don’t who will. Hence the reason for this post..
21F2FA58-E733-4AD2-9141-0ACF1AE031BE.jpeg

Last edited:
Yea, this whole thing is really disappointing to see. The best scenarios around here usually involve specific replicated parts that are to be inspected for plagiarism. This thread started out with specific greeblies at fault and I was ready to educate myself on what's happening.

This unhinged response full of threats, capital letters, misspellings, question marks and what-about-ism is really unexpected and disheartening. If we're going to change the subject that quickly, this is going to go nowhere. It will probably be taken down or something if it turns into something of this manipulative nature.
That's right; again, I'll never buy anything from this maker because I don't need drama in my life...it's too short for that BS:rolleyes:

As we typically do in these situations on the rpf, I’ll play devils advocate for a minute. I was examining the pictures provided as evidence, and I see longer side tabs and a radius on outer edges of the inner circles. Is he actually using your file, or just a similar design of his own creation? Designs are typically close when making replicas. This is a key item in the whole discussion for me.

*Looking at it again, the tops of the fins are more rounded also.

D3B7DEE6-EFBE-44B8-9BA4-3C6A48C05DB5.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure it’s a 1:1 file. Highly doubt there is a radius as I don’t recall there being one on my file. But here you (and anyone else) can take an up close look at some of my old designs. Also you can look at all my ANH Hero and all my Merr-Sonn designs as well.

These are not to be used for profit but they are to be used for your own personal builds if you so desire. Just please be respectful and give credit is all..

Perhaps I should have specified that I was more disappointed in the vitriol that seems to be on both sides more than anything else; I don't know enough about the intricacies of most parts to really weight in as to what is accurate or what isn't, so I would rather just stay out of the middle of this instead of being drawn into what seems to be a 'he said vs he said' situation.

All around this is just a disappointing outcome, regardless of how things happened to get this far. We all should be here because we enjoy what we do first and foremost; not at each other's throats.
Very well said and so true . i have ignored him as long time because i hate this . I want to focus on the art and my next builds
I can also see those differences to the eyeball...

Why don't we see the math attached to the 3d files. That would be more than eyeball proof. If they're the same, or different the math and numbers attached to those two files spell the whole story without any words needed.
Im so glad i started working with you and many others that pull together as a team not a hurt little selfish whinner.

I haven't made this in accurate version in years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anything i still have is old stock
Jon forgets that we used to work on this stuff together back years and years ago and there can be similarities because we used too freaking work together !!! We used the send our prototypes back and forth !!! As most of you know my cadcam , machining, production way out paces most peoples efforts..
JOn used to get my metal parts for his build also.. You didn't operate alone in this you snake !!!! We evolved and did a lot of this work together that you seem to have completely FORGOT... along with many others !!!!!!! ... Jon still doesn't acknowledge anything that he got from me blah blah blah i really don't give a crap about his whining ...

I got a better idea lol i keep making my steel and aluminum accurate model versions and jon can have whatever bs you wanna lay claim too ... lol
Keeping following my builds Im way past screwing around with the denix

Ill make these you keep and claim whatever magic designs you want
IMG_0387.jpg

I can also see those differences to the eyeball...

Why don't we see the math attached to the 3d files. That would be more than eyeball proof. If they're the same, or different the math and numbers attached to those two files spell the whole story without any words needed.
Not a bad idea I probably have 200 iteration cad files for that time period and dl44 greeblies............... but i think it would be simpler to let jon just name a lay claim to whatever his heart desires .... Almost three years ago you came up with a much better greeblie for me to make that incorporates proper cylinder shape and the hex nuts .....
IMG_0389.jpg

At the very least you finally admitted to using my parts. So thank you. Now can you please stop using them? The ones you haven’t modified at all.

My journey is fully different than most here I realize. I’m not concerned with metal parts. I’m not concerned with using anyone one else's parts either. I’m only concerned with creating the most accurate parts that I can. It’s as simple as that. Anyone whos taken the time to know me also knows I am very open about sharing everything I’ve done. Sometimes this can be taken advantage of I’ve come to understand.

I have also long stopped using those files in question and redesigned them more accurately years as ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back