Won´t even start telling you guys what I do NOT like about this build...it has so many flaws, that I might address eventually. But I simply wanted to finish and put it away to make room for other projects.
- Real S&T Grip section
- Real S&T muzzle tips (leftovers from E11D builds)
- Aluminum barrels with real hand shaped track
- FM R1 power cylinders
- Real M38 scope
- Real -vintage- Hengstler counter
- Real taktical flashlight
The rest is a combination of printed (special thanks to Eelco from 3DPropsNL for some of the larger parts, that did not fit on my Mars) and scratchbuilt parts (where the printed stuff simply didn´t do it).
Enough whining...One more blaster done, "x" more to go *LOL*
Some pics of today‘s work…another PITA project, that I put on the backburner for years!
That´s the final missing piece for my -UZI based- Supertrooper blaster, the darn sideplate.
I was lucky to find a few of the accurate vintage expanders used on this, but BOY...modifying them was hard (the metal parts are chromed STEEL).
CHeck out how tiny their components are...this fact in combination with my bad eyesight made it a lot of "fun" *LOL*
Glue is drying as I type. Will post pictures of it attached to the blaster asap
Disc was ghetto lathed on my drill-press, metal cast Glenross screw, real "alternative" expansion screws, real Casio MQ1 part.
I consider this to be the blaster counterpart to the Holiday Special lightsaber with regards to its "fugliness". *LOL*
Only took me 6 years to finish, since the sideplate was a PITA, that I simply did not want to do.
Lucky me had the chance to buy a sideplate from kurtyboy, that already had the tape detailing, so I "only" had to finish it with the parts you see in my previous post.
One down, numerous more blasters to do
p.s.: just realized, that the small wire from the first expansion screw came off when I took these pics. Glued back in now