OdiWan72´s prop family

Some smaller projects I worked on in the recent past...

Roy‘s fantastic ROTJ detonator kit (still missing the „label“ with the writing) and some upgrades (new muzzle) to my Dengar ROTJ blaster

thanks for looking (sorry for the orientation of the pictures..they did show up fine before uploading).

A51F2509-85C8-4D98-B4B2-6560AB7F0611.jpegCDF35ECC-70C3-4BC0-9337-69F32558AB79.jpeg2EB74B96-0716-417C-B6A0-1A9EC4B72EC1.jpeg233C5230-A976-4EF6-91F5-35778FD0910C.jpegC40A4E6F-EBA1-4A55-A5F7-6368E9C5C8A3.jpeg

BC12EBF5-E167-4519-B64D-3B67CB5820C8.jpegD4618F6C-1354-4389-805A-64DF681681CD.jpeg

Last edited:
Did you say you have one of the Elegoo printers? Those parts look really clean!

Have an Elegoo Mars...
But besides of the better resolution I would not generally recommend it for printing large scale stuff. The resin -even if printed partially hollow- is quite heavy compared to a filament print and is very brittle. You can´t compare it to regular casting resin, that simply "breaks". The UV curing resin "shatters" into tiny pieces :/

Eelco from 3D PropsNL recommended to mix the standard with a flexible resin to get better results, still have to try that...I am fairly new to this whole 3D printing stuff.

Anyway...the E22 isn´t intended for trooping and will spend its life in my cabinet, so weight/ "troopability" is not a big issue.

Last edited:
Have an Elegoo Mars...
But besides of the better resolution I would not generally recommend it for printing large scale stuff. The resin -even if printed partially hollow- is quite heavy compared to a filament print and is very brittle. You can´t compare it to regular casting resin, that simply "breaks". The UV curing resin "shatters" into tiny pieces :/

Eelco from 3D PropsNL recommended to mix the standard with a flexible resin to get better results, still have to try that...I am fairly new to this whole 3D printing stuff.

Anyway...the E22 isn´t intended for trooping and will spend its life in my cabinet, so weight/ "troopability" is not a big issue.

Ah okay. I figured you still need to use the parts as a master and then mold/cast the actual parts you would want to use. I have very little to no experience with 3D printing beyond seeing the stuff done on here. My sister's boyfriend let my nephew borrow one of his filament printers, so he has been messing around with it, and it still looks like the parts need a lot of cleanup, but they seem usable right out of the printer. Not sure about how brittle they are though. I'm just letting him play around with it for himself, and he's been printing out videogame things, because otherwise I would commandeer it! :lol:

Have an Elegoo Mars...

Esun Hard Tough is your friend, I use it on my Mars and it’s great stuff, tougher than most. Still, the learning curve is big!

Oh my! That looks amazing! Are the parts resin cast or did you have the parts machined?
Mostly 3D printed with a real S&T grip and muzzle ends, real M38, some metal upgrades

still have to shape the track and make the small rail between the two larger aluminum barrel jackets

That's what I thought. My nephew said he now needs an airsoft Sterling. Well he said a real one first, but I told him get a good job because I've seen them around $20,000 US!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back