odd question

Doesn't Captain Jack Sparrow have a deer bone in his hair or something?

I know H. R. Giger used a lot of bones and even a skull in making the Alien suit and sets...

yes real bones. I plan on casting some as well so i can have more selections to help people on a budget or that are willing to pay more for real bones

Yes, I have. I did the Professor character from "House of 1000 Corpses" and his costume was adorned with bones. I had a box of various animal bones that I used. I'm sure a professional casting would look pretty good, but nothing from local costume shops looked real enough. Plus, a resin cast would be much heavier. Dried bones are very light weight.
Professor.jpg

I knew a guy who went to concerts with a necklace made of chicken bones around his neck (ahh, black metal concerts) - just make sure you do something to completely dry/bake/rot them out before you use any of them, otherwise you'll be with him in the box of "dude smells like rotting KFC", which in the black metal world, is a possible plus (maybe?) but may not quite be what you want.

I remember I was going to a halloween party in college once and I was going as a witch doctor. I scraped some old costume stuff together but REALLY wanted to sew bones to a tophat I had but there was neither time nor the budget for going to buy them at a halloween store. And so at dinner that evening I noticed chicken wings were available and well....I had a lovely dinner of mediocre dinning hall chicken wings, kept the bones, scrubbed the **** out of them back in my dorm and the rest was history.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back