Obscure Ship From the Thrawn Trilogy Comic Books

Awesome! The Bimm and the Skull Droid are excellent. Thanks for sharing this stuff!

I keep on thinking about scratching up that Imperial LAV, or even maybe Nomad City.

--Alex

All right so I'm getting back into this Heir to the Empire project. Here almost two years later! Life sure has a way of moving on doesn't it?

So, I started in on building the HTTE Chariot LAV.

I'm partway through building my alpha model for study purposes. I wanted to get a grip on the size and angles on this thing. I have most of the body roughed out of foamcore and cereal boxes. Still a bit left to do, but I'm out of time this morning to work on it and I figured I'd post the progress. The final model will be built of plastic and kitbash greeblies.

20160814_131122.jpg

20160814_131146.jpg

This was a tough one to nail down the correct scale of. The drawings in the comic book seem to be a bit squishy in terms of size, though the proportions of the thing seem pretty consistent in all the drawings. I can't tell quite how the pointy front panels are meant to be, in many drawings they appear flet to the rest of the hull with the points spread wide and in others they look like they taper together. After playing around with it I decided I liked the angled in look a bit more.

I decided I wanted to be able to use this model in role-playing games so I made it with the 30mm gaming figures in mind. To account for the size of the figure bases, I had to inflate the scale a bit. But I don't think it's actually by a lot. Comparing it to the drawings, the passengers seem fairly small in relation to the vehicle so, well, it works for me and my purposes.

20160814_132809.jpg

20160814_132912.jpg

--Alex

Last edited:
GREAT WORK ALEX, WOW !!!

I like the way you have adapted the size, it makes the damn thing a little more impressive and... brutal. Yes, that's the word. Brutal. I like it !

: )

Fred

Any update Alex ?

;)

I have very recently uploaded more designs on my FB, among them original art of a hammerhead cargo that made an appearance (in a revamped version) in ROGUE ONE !

:)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back