Oblivion Airsoft Rifle and Pistol Build - Pics Fixed!

Oblivion Airsoft Rifle and Pistol Build - COMPLETE (updated)

So just an update here with the mag. Finally got around to sorting this. I managed to pick up a Magpul airsoft mag, it's the smallest airsoft mag available but still a lot longer than the Magpul 5 round mag.

Mal sent me a resin 5 round mag, but to fit the airsoft Masada it needs to be cut down. I could modify the gun but as I want to keep it as a functioning airsoft I'd rather mod the mag.

i6B2Slv.jpg

Means I'll loose the top part of the mag, which is a shame as the top is very cool. But you gotta do what you gotta do!

WVu3xLF.jpg

TTffk1R.jpg

Fits perfect now...

zyj1wBi.jpg

The airsoft and resin mags painted. Fortunately the indent to hold the mag in the gun now sits in exactly the same place, meaning the resin mag clicks into the gun as it should.

ItOoTS4.jpg

With airsoft mag (for functioning airsoft)...

HSlpNur.jpg

With resin mag (for display)...

mWY7DTP.jpg

TensrrX.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Oblivion Airsoft Rifle and Pistol Build - COMPLETE (pic heavy)

Really nice piece.

Thank you sir. As I now have the hat, jacket, gloves, boots and weapons, all I need is the pants and I could do a 1:1 display on a mannequin.

Last edited:
Re: Oblivion Airsoft Rifle and Pistol Build - COMPLETE (updated)

Pics fixed! Took forever, but good to have this thread alive again.

Thanks for uploading your photos again, this still looks great :thumbsup and makes me realise I need to get back on with mine again as soon as the UK weather improves!

Re: Oblivion Airsoft Rifle and Pistol Build - COMPLETE (updated)

Thanks for uploading your photos again, this still looks great :thumbsup and makes me realise I need to get back on with mine again as soon as the UK weather improves!

Thanks mate. Yeah it’s a fun build and one my favorite props.

Excellent stuff, I love sci fi airsoft guns. Ive got an M41a (alien pulse rifle) that im putting a working m870 shell ejecting shotgun into and a Cobra Assault Cannon....state of the art....Bang Bang (Anti Robocop Rifle) froma modified Barrett 50 cal. Also working on an airsoft Mal Reynolds Browncoat Pistol, And have to finish my DL-44 too.

Static models of guns are great, but nothing beats actually firing them.... even in airsoft.

i once tried making this out of cardboard over a bb rifle , failed xp yours is amazing

Thanks mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent stuff, I love sci fi airsoft guns. Ive got an M41a (alien pulse rifle) that im putting a working m870 shell ejecting shotgun into and a Cobra Assault Cannon....state of the art....Bang Bang (Anti Robocop Rifle) froma modified Barrett 50 cal. Also working on an airsoft Mal Reynolds Browncoat Pistol, And have to finish my DL-44 too.

Static models of guns are great, but nothing beats actually firing them.... even in airsoft.

Agreed! My favourite prop guns all have moving parts. Building on airsoft is always my preferred option.

Hey guys, I started an insta account just for my prop collection - tmax_props

Also, for the last week or so I’ve been posting stories and behind-the-scenes of Broken, the movie I wrote/directed. Follow along on fb or on
Instagram - tarrymortlock

Cheers,
T.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is a necro post but I just stumbled upon It. All I have to say is sweet build and Display. The talent here is just amazing !!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back