Obi/Luke Shared Stunt-Sort Of

Tan Djarka

Sr Member
image.jpg

This a saber thrown together with leftover parts from other projects. The machined emitter is an inaccurate ANH model the came with part of the grenade neck attached. The pommel is an old SD Studios version. How did anyone think that was accurate?
image.jpg

The neck/wind vane is PVC pipe. The interior is enlarged to conceal the part attached to the emitter. The forward grip is from some random lightsaber toy that looked nothing like any onscreen saber, apart from the ringed section. The rings are covered with HVAC tape. The clamp is hand made from aluminum flashing and the rear grip is plastic pipe. I couldn't decide between chrome to match the pommel or aluminum to match the clamp and emitter, so I just left it black.
image.jpg

The interior of the emitter featuring a green acrylic jewel.

image.jpg

Another pic from the emitter end. Just because... Rather than paint the ring under the flange, I just covered it with strip of "chalkboard" contact paper. Should I change my mind in the future, I can just peel it off.

image.jpg

If you look closely, behind the Graflex, you can see this saber in it's original form. It more closely resembled the existing prop, but for some reason I just didn't like it. Perhaps I'll revisit the design in the future.

Here's another thrown together version using existing pommel, emitter, clamp, and card.
image.jpg

From the pommel end.
image.jpg

A not so accurate emitter.
image.jpg

A comparison to a WIP hero version.
image.jpg

It was built to use up some B-stock parts, and to give to a coworker.

I wrapped the rear grip with chrome tape and changed the neck to a "thin" version. The notched side is actually part of the aluminum emitter. I couldn't bring myself to paint it, so it's covered with metallic Washi tape.
image.jpg

If anyone is interested, the Washi tape is available on the craft aisle in Target for $2.99 a roll. It also comes in a gold/silver/copper multi-pack.

In spite of having way too many projects going on, I decided to rebuild this. Scavenged the emitter, neck, and wind vane from the saber I'm turning into the ANH Obi stunt.
image.jpeg

Unfortunately I didn't take a pic before I left home, but I've started rebuilding a saber around (?) the emitter above. So far I stripped off the copper Washi tape on the neck and replaced it with brassy gold mylar film and painted the windvane and below matte black. I'll be custom fabricating the rest, except for a machined pommel which I hope to aquire in trade. Probably post a pic or two tomorrow.

I gave up on building or acquiring a different pommel, so the pic above is pretty much what it's going to be. It just needs side bars and a lever for the clamp and a cell phone button to stand in for a Covertec knob.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back