My weird obscure prop obsession has lead to an odd sort of collection.

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
I have mentioned this is other threads relating to obscure props wants and Holiday Special focused threads but I have had a weird interest in Lumpy's stuffed/plush bantha toy from the 1978 Star Wars Holiday Special.

bantha.jpg

IMG_2192.PNG

This imperial soldier needs to die.
IMG_2190.jpeg

I was 9 years old at the time of the show's airing. Star Wars toys were finally hitting the market after a long year of waiting for the market to understand the demand fro such items. I always loved toys and I guess I found it fascinating that even in the Star Wars universe, kids loved toys too. Instead of a stuffed bear, he had a stuffed bantha, instead of a his grandpa carving a wooden train, he carved a wooden X-wing.

IMG_2191.JPG
itchy_x-wing.jpg

Anyhow, that stuffed bantha really resonated with me. It was burned into my brain but never had one of my own. Later as an adult I had the action figure POTF beast and the little set and a little action Fleet toy but still no Stuffed Bantha,

Why not... even little Andor liked stuffed Banthas...

IMG_2189.jpeg

But luckily over the last few years, I guess LFL Licensing has heard my cries and slowly started making stuffed Banths..

As a result, it has created a niche in my collection....

Here is my stuffed Bantha herd.

IMG_8659.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back