Obi ANH upgrades

g-force

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/IMG_4210_small.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/IMG_4211_small.jpg[/image]

All the parts are the most recent Roman parts (well, except for the transistors and calc bubbles), tweeked and painted by me.

-G

Purty.
If it's an AFB version, how come the windvane looks so brown?
If it's in the early stages of weathering. . . I'll just shut up.

Originally posted by lesternessman@Apr 11 2006, 02:46 AM
Interesting. What did you use to brown the stem? And what did you do the grenade with? Nice job.
[snapback]1224035[/snapback]​

The stem was put in Ammnoia fumes overnight. Just dump a bottle of household ammonia in ice-cream bucket, and put a piece of tupperware upside down in the bucket for a shelf to keep the part from being in the ammonia directly. The frag was painted with Rust-oleum "Hammered" paint in a kinda dark bronze color.

Thanks for the compliments. I guess it's somewhere between "as built by" and "weathered".

-G

I was a bit worried about the new emitter and the way it's open ended and the end of the threaded rod is visible, but as can be seen in your pic it can look really cool.

Can't wait to get my last few parts. :D

Originally posted by MikeyX@Apr 12 2006, 12:07 PM
I was a bit worried about the new emitter and the way it's open ended and the end of the threaded rod is visible, but as can be seen in your pic it can look really cool.

Can't wait to get my last few parts.  :D
[snapback]1224932[/snapback]​

I agree, oldschool is the best. Very nice looking saber.

The amonia-browning on the brass looks great.

My brass stem is pretty permanently attached to my blued steel frag body, do the amonia fumes affect blued steel, either in a good way or a bad way?

Originally posted by Barnstormer@Apr 13 2006, 07:15 AM
The amonia-browning on the brass looks great.

My brass stem is pretty permanently attached to my blued steel frag body, do the amonia fumes affect blued steel, either in a good way or a bad way?
[snapback]1225547[/snapback]​

I'm not sure. I know it'll strip paint off pretty well though, so I wouldn't try it.

-G

Originally posted by superjedi@Apr 12 2006, 04:12 AM
Maybe it's the "Gently Used" version.
[snapback]1224805[/snapback]​

:lol

Ah crud... Now I have another "version" to add to my collection. :lol

Very nice...

looks awesome guys. I cant wait to get my AFBB version together. Im currently doing a group order through Roman. I wish I had all the parts already. :D

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back