NYTF '20: NECA reveals several Batman replicas

Ok managed to grab one Neca Batarang.

210312093101520952.jpg

Love the box with the vault on the packaging. The stand is not crazy but honestly, having a stand with a 15$ item is sweet.
The batarang itself is pretty cool.

21031209310145063.jpg

Pity that the hinges are visible. The sculpt is cool but not completely accurate. If you compare to a true replica it seems tiny, light, plasticy and too sharp.

2103120931011285.jpg

BUT it is 10 times cheaper. So if you don’t want to spend 150€ in a true replica, this Neca is really a great item for the price.

I think I gonna put my Stacey on the stand even if it doesn’t fit perfectly on and put the Neca folded close to.

210312094613619872.jpg

210312093102722378.jpg

NECA has quietly released the animated grapnel launcher. I don't really care for this one, but it works a lot better than their Arkham grapnel did.

As with the batarang it is a Walmart exclusive on Father's Day before being released everywhere else next month. I'm seeing it going for $50 on ebay.

Last edited:
This upcoming 89 rang looks pretty nice. Too bad it doesn't fold!

1623792668909.png

"Tim Burton’s classic 1989 Batman film, starring Michael Keaton as Batman and Jack Nickolson as Joker, is a cult classic that is truly loved and appreciated by many DC fans. With its strange, unique curved and ridged design, low sitting wings and silver sharp tips, it’s hard to get the ‘89 Batarang mixed up with any other. It also fits Burtons known style very well.

From Tim Burton’s classic 1989 Batman film comes one of the larger versions of the Batarang, seen in a thrilling rooftop scene as it is used to subdue a fleeing criminal. Cast in solid metal, this life-size replica measures approximately 23cm wide.
Product SizeHeight: 6.49″ (164.85 mm) | Width: 9.05″ (229.87 mm) | Weight: 3.35 lbs (1.52 kg) *Box SizeHeight: 4.75″ (120.65 mm) | Width: 7.75″ (196.85 mm) | Depth: 11.00″ (279.4 mm) | *Weight0.00 lbs (0 kg) *"

NECA has quietly released the animated grapnel launcher. I don't really care for this one, but it works a lot better than their Arkham grapnel did.

As with the batarang it is a Walmart exclusive on Father's Day before being released everywhere else next month. I'm seeing it going for $50 on ebay.

I was hoping the 89 grapnel gun would be next. Anyways pretty cool prop for those that are into collecting animated stuff.

The Nightwing escrima sticks are popping up on ebay. All retailers are still showing pre-order status though. It should be "in stock" this month.

Screenshot_20210812-192334.jpg

The animated grapnel are pretty tough to come by. I found two last month at Walmart and picked them up, but I haven’t seen another since at various Walmart’s.

The Animated Grapnel Gun is very cool for the price, but I don't like the light grey color. If I find one I may repaint it to a better color (or at least more to my liking). Even the prototype and box pictures are a much darker, more accurate color.

And it the spear shoots! Scroll to the 4th slide to watch the video:

NECA released the Beyond batarang last month. It's blue instead of red like the initial Toy Fair one. It was a timed exclusive at Target, but it's up for pre-order on other retailers now.

Neca announced the red version of the Beyond batarang last month. It is supposed to be released this month.

The red version has spring-loaded wings, unlike the light-up blue version. Neca has a video on Instagram of it.

Screenshot_20220703-132711__01.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back