NY ComicCon Roll Call!!!!!

OmanTortuga

Hey all!

Seeing the NY ComicCon is starts this Thursday I was curious to see who from the site is going... So if you are going or thinking about going then post in here and let us all know! What days are you going and are you dressing up, and if so what days?

I am going to be there Saturday and Sunday, Saturday I will be dressing up in my Ultimate Captain America outfit, Sunday just going as myself.

Hope I see you guys there and maybe get an RPF NYC group photo!

I'll be there, look for the Logan's Closet booth near the top of the escalators next to the INTEL booth... and of course will be dressing up, Wolverine for me. My brother will be in the Cap Bucky Rescue outfit.

I shall be there as well booth #2848 "the ancient". Wish I had a costume, but il be wearing my ninja turtle communicator on me, lol if that helps.

I'll be there, look for the Logan's Closet booth near the top of the escalators next to the INTEL booth... and of course will be dressing up, Wolverine for me. My brother will be in the Cap Bucky Rescue outfit.

Are you showing anything new this year, Dan?

I plan to be there Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I'll probably be wearing a Spider-Man costume at least part of the time.

Hey hey.

3 day pass, same as every year. I'll be there as Solomon Kane. If you spot my giant hat in the crowd, come by and say hi, since it's my first time going in costume.

Of course, my goal is to use my costume to annoy the friend I go with as much as possible.

Are you showing anything new this year, Dan?

I'll have the new Captain America jacket in stock, the final version of the Wanted jacket in the new Olive Goat should be just getting here in time to go, I'll have a bunch of X2 in stock, X1, XO, and a couple X3, Also have some DarkKnight jackets, Smallville jackets, XMEN Gifted hoodies, Blade3 Hannibal jackets, SamTRON jackets. Superman EarthOne, Blade3 Abbigail, TronQuorra, Castle Beckett, MI4-Hollaway prototypes should all be there to show... so hoping to make a good showing of it.

... I'll have a bunch of X2 in stock, X1, XO...

You know, I've wanted a Wolverine jacket forever, and it figures the easiest time to get a great one has to come right after this last month drains my wallet clean.

But I'll at least swing by to gawk at them for a bit.

I'm hoping to be there on Friday. It will be my first con ever.

But I have a question for people in the know. I was planning on going in my ESB Han Solo costume (since I didn't get to use it for Halloween last year). I looked over the replica weapons FAQ on the ComicCon website, but it was a bit vague. Would having my cheapie plastic blaster in my holster be forbidden? It's not a Hasbro, it's a very cheap self-made replica built on a bad plastic airsoft. They say "soft" weapons, like made of paper or foam. Does a plastic toy blaster qualify as soft?

Many thanks, and I hope to see y'all there.

RRR

I'll be there Friday and Saturday. I might do Chun Li on Friday but I have a Suckerpunch group going Saturday (I'm doing Rocket) I still have so much work to do so hopefully it will all come together

I'm hoping to be there on Friday. It will be my first con ever.

But I have a question for people in the know. I was planning on going in my ESB Han Solo costume (since I didn't get to use it for Halloween last year). I looked over the replica weapons FAQ on the ComicCon website, but it was a bit vague. Would having my cheapie plastic blaster in my holster be forbidden? It's not a Hasbro, it's a very cheap self-made replica built on a bad plastic airsoft. They say "soft" weapons, like made of paper or foam. Does a plastic toy blaster qualify as soft?

Many thanks, and I hope to see y'all there.

RRR

First, I hope you have fun, it's probably the best weekend of the year. Make sure you get as much free stuff as you can, because there's a LOT of it to be had.

And, after your question, I kinda got scared for my own prop weapons (a flintlock replica, not remotely fire-able, and 3 wooden swords). I'm gonna have to give the customer service line a call and make sure I can get them in the door, but I'm pretty sure once you're actually on the convention floor, they don't really care, since they can't check everything.

I'll be there Saturday (but then you knew that Oman). Starbuck from the original Battlestar Galactica. Grew out my hair 70's style and everything...

:D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back